1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pile up

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by royj, Sep 13, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Today morning on the way to office I saw a bike crashed into the back of an Innova and the Innova bumped behind a Santro.
    The bike was standing straight after the crash, jammed behind the Innova and the rear glass of Innova is shattered.

The Chakka - Kazhakoottam bypass stretch is frequently becoming a very risky stretch with at least one incident every day. Last week I bumped into an Octavia going in front, fortunately the speed was around 10kmph and no visible damage to either vehicle, but my horn is sounding a little shrill after that. :-?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Car DVR at work!!
    Chandigarh Tribune has published a map of Chandigarh roads recently highlighting all the high risk areas.
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am getting this car DVR !! Freakin awesome device
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Two drunk idiots and one lucky guy

This happened while coming back from office today. Two guys on a bike, so drunk that they could barely talk, decided to take a U-turn without looking back. I was doing around 60kmph and was plain lucky I didn't hit them. Thanks to Almighty, Punto and its ABS brakes. I had stepped on the brakes so hard that my foot was aching till I reached home.

The camera has a fish eye lens, so objects on the screen are closer than they appear :wink:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  5. Man that was close. Should have got down and given them a 'teri' ( abuse i.e.) :)
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ancientmariner- Ha Ha. :lol:
    These people land others in trouble for no fault of theirs. TV and press always says, "Car hits bike". They never say "drunk riding a bike came in front of car"
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yeah did that from the safety of the car, that's how we came to know they were drunk. :wink:
    Their voice were so slurring and couldn't even reply legibly.