1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Picture's speech : Coorg Calling 'Mansoon drive'

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jun 30, 2013.

1. It was getting really boring to drive my GP in city on same roads every time, suddenly decided to drive to Coorg on last Friday.Now the search for place to remain starts.
    Coorg is generally known for home stays in Coffey estates, but most of the known homes stays were booked.
    I always try to get home stay near hill or in vally as i don't enjoy so much on the plains.After lot of search zeroed on Gubbimane home stays(gubbimane means Sparow's house in kannada)

IMG_0973.JPG

IMG_0976.JPG
    11 people like this.
  2. For starters Gubbi mane home stay is strictly budget type, they charge separately for room rent and food.
    Quality of the food was avarage, owing to the constant rains, we got see same vegetables for two nights and three days.

This place is in the Vally, still the it is about 952 mts from mean sea level, there is water falls just 250 mts from the place but we could not find it even after a big search largely due to reluctance from home ministers to walk in the rain.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is exactly how am feeling since few days. But alas haven't got the opportunity to hit the highway.

Nice pics. Keep them coming. How was the weather and road condition?
    1 person likes this.
  4. Weather was fantastic, it was raining all the day, we got used to it quite well. Road is goo except for some 2-3 kms stretch between napoklu and Yavakpadi. Roads are in excellent condition towards Talcauvery and Bagamandala.It took us less than one hour to reach there from Yavakpadi.

This place right near to TAMRA resort and honey vally Homestay.

Below site list several homes stays in coorg, I generally look for homey stay Near to big mountains in Coorg, this time I stayed near to Tadiyandmol this time.Pushpagiri,Kotebeta and Brahmha giri are other very scenic places in coorg.Look for homey stays along these mountains and I am sure you will love it.
    Home Stay Kodagu - Home Stays

Madikeri it self is in on huge mountain but you will not miss bangalore or city kind of environment there.But Madikeri was covered in thick fog this time.While comeing back from Napklu I was viewing tall mountain covred in Fog but realized we were heading for the same and it was indeed Madikeri
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. Will repost pictures
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  6. IMG_0977.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

IMG_0985.JPG

IMG_0988.JPG

IMG_0986.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

IMG_0992.JPG

IMG_0994.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

IMG_0998.JPG

IMG_1000.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1023.JPG

IMG_1025.JPG

IMG_1026.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG
    9 people like this.
  7. After spending time at Chelavara falls, we visted nalkanad palace i.e it used to the place where ertwhile rulers of coorg used to hide.
    IMG_1096.JPG

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1091.JPG

Restored wall paintings
    IMG_1089.JPG

Place where royal folks used to get married

IMG_1086.JPG

Window from where they can shoot intruders.
    IMG_1082.JPG

Queens bathroom very simple by today's standards
    IMG_1081.JPG

Small Darbar hall

IMG_1080.JPG
    4 people like this.
  8. ASI's information board at Nalknad palace.

IMG_1105.JPG

- - - Merged Post - - -

Fianlly on the way back visited Byukuppe,With all the negatives we have in our country some how when I see such refuge settlement camp,I feel proud of my poor country.

IMG_1136.JPG

IMG_1144.JPG

IMG_1169.JPG

IMG_1137.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG
    That's all from my side hope you had a pleasant journey.
    5 people like this.
  9. I did not dare to take out my SLR in the rain, what protection one need to take to safe guard the camera?
  10. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    awesome :)
    1 person likes this.