1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pick up problem of my punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sam_likes_punto, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    it is fast enough but one dont like to throttle more as it is new buy :) and especially more roaring noise at these gears(1st and gear) ,yeah changing of gears among 1700 rpm to 2500 rpm, i learnt that slowly by reading tachometer(didnt joined TFI at that time).
    when one is nearby 15K Kms knows the meaning of "MAKKHAN" and myselves felt better acceleration,smooth ride after 15K Kms.
    Things might be different in 90Hp and thats the reason i always say missing 15 Horses.... :)
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Lol Ganges!! these Multijet's are a bit more than the papers tell you. I like that sense of humor of FIAT. Merely 90 horses are no where enough to propel 1.3 tonne weight to 190 KM/Hr@4900 RPM & 2 Tonne weight to 180@4800 RPM when rear tyres were riding flat on RIM :D. Can bigger petrol/diesel engines do with more HPs & Torques? Even more astonishing the authority & confidence that they possess whenever they are challenged. Their endurance is commendable for their size.

Even 75 HP achievements are ridiculous for the papers. Did you read the review of diesel cars@Autocar in which Multijets just outplay the Hyundai's big diesels when they are tested in Ghats. The CRDI's mileage & the monstrous torque figures disappear, God knows what happened? The engines feel more & more strained after every 10 mins. It's comedy everywhere. Though it was Ritz diesel which was concluded the best car & not some FIAT but Autocar clearly accepting CRDI's are no match to Multijets in endurance. I am sure CRDI must feel very stress too when they are really loaded. I drove Verna CRDI with 3 people & there was difference felt in performance.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    3 people like this.