1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

pick up issues and coolant levels down in my punto MJD 1.3 diesel

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sam_likes_punto, Mar 30, 2014.

1. sam_likes_punto

sam_likes_punto Novizio

mumbai
    Thanks Anup ..

I will drive around a bit more to see if there is further drop ..

3 visits to Torrid and they concluded that there is no leak.The coolant was refilled by them after around 18 km run in their workshop.

But,the earlier issues have left me worrying and hence I am a bit extra cautious this time.

Sam

2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Check all joints of coolant lines. If joints are OK then check EGR cooler.

Check tightness of coolent reserviour lid. It should be tight until its last thread.
    When you go at last thread give 1/4 torque.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If they conclude that coolant levels are ok then email them with a feedback and mention date of last service, if incase the coolant levels drop again. Alternatively as you had in mind please visit the other workshop at Kandivali which may find the leaks.
  4. sam_likes_punto

sam_likes_punto Novizio

mumbai
    Hi,

They (Torrid) have responded back asking me to visit the workshop again for checking the vehicle.

I have requested Mangesh to intervene and ensure that they diagnose and resolve the issue rather than "trial and error"

My coolant levels have started almost touching MIN already from the earlier MAX value in less than 2 weeks.The vehicle has done less than 100 Km during this period.

I will visit Torrid one more time this week and figure out what they have to conclude.

Sam
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It surely sounds like you have a coolant leak somewhere. Let's hope they sort it out.. :)
  6. Udayatreya

Udayatreya

Bangalore
    Please Let me know if your problems is sorted out. I have exactly the same problem as yours since the delivery of the vehicle Last year. I have complained to Vecto motors but I have not got any solution for this problem.Moreover it is difficult to drive the car in bangalore as the pick of the vehicle goes down suddenly that the vehicles behind you start screaming with horns.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Check body of EGR (Heat Ex changer). If EGR cooler body is leaky excess air enters inside of inlet manifold via EGR system. Then Air/Fuel ratio disturbs & you get powerloss but no ecu error.

My problem of heavyness solved after changing leaky EGR cooler body.
    I was also facing coolant loss without any leak.
  8. Udayatreya

Udayatreya

Bangalore
    Cooling oil leakage - Engine compartment

The Problem was the leaking Thermostat. Since it was in warranty Vecto motors agreed to reploace the Part.

20140510_094503.jpg
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Uday
    Due to replacement of thermostat coolent leak problem solved but what about pick up issue?

If it is solved then please update about relation between leaky thermostat & poor performance.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Coolant leak will have no impact on pick up. Do update us as to what is done to rectify the pick up problem.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk