1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pick Up Issue

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Samy Alamuri, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    Mine is a 1.3 90Hp Linea
    Im facing some strange problem i.e when the car reaches 90 engine sound increases and the pickup is low car accelerates slowly.what might be the reason for this ?
    and i have replaced clutch just a few days before but after a week i feel clutch hardened compared to the 1st day of clutch replacement
    Can any one please clarify my doubts regarding those issues.
  2. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi. If it was working all smooth and fine before you got work on clutch done, then teh besy thing would be to go get the clutch checked. If it's set properly. Do that to begin with and hopefully it will be all going good.
    No worries here i suppose.
  3. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    thanks for ur reply
    this pickup issue is there before clutch replacement thought it would rectify after replacement but its still there.
    and in 1st gear and climbing ups when releasing clutch car jerks and wont go freely till accelerated
  4. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok...initial pick up weak. Hows the car responding to accelarator at higher speeds does the turbo kick in good? Do you feel the burst of power wen u try overtaking at around 100 kmph?.......just get ur clutch rechecked anyway. How long has been ur last service? Last wen u changed ur filters and engine oil?
  5. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    car is sluggish have to rev it a bit hard.Did 10k after getting serviced and recently change engine oil and filter along with clutch replacement.
    Is it normal at speeds above 90,100kmph engine roars much loud than at 80kmph .It is like engine is struggling to go.
  6. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No. i dont think it is "normal" for engine to roar out loud at around the speeds you are mentioning. Infact it shouldnt make abnormal noise at even higher speeds. Nothing which should sound scary to the guy in the cabin. If the roads are good punto wouldnot mqake you feel any strain even at 140 kmph- 150 kmmph. I think you need to take it to service centre. Maybe they will check out your turbo or oil sump. Better take it up. You could ask a local mechanic too on your way to service station. Hopefully it shouldnt be complex for them to figure out.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    Yeah thanks mate checked it with a mechanic
    He told that clutch flywheel was the culprit and it should be resurfaced .The jerks i mentioned just arrived at much lower revs. For the pick up issue he told me cleaning of EGR and some internal parts will deal with the pickup.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For jerks :- How much old is your car?
    I too had this jerks at lower gears and rpms.Problem got resolved after changing my battery.No jerks now.
  9. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    3years 6 months (or) 43900 km
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have you changed the battery?