1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Piaggio MP3 three-wheeled wonder-scooter! For India?

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by prabhjot, Mar 8, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

:joyful::cool:

Motorbeam.com reports that Piaggio india has recently imported for 'r&d purposes' an example of their very brilliant, and very original, MP3 three-wheeled scooter.

Please do take a look at these 2 videos, and give your take:

Can this charismatic, high quality and high-tech scooter sell here at all?

If so, at what sorts of prices? Motorbeam's saying the scooter will be a cbu, if it is launched at all, at about 3 lakhs +/-?

Could there be a case for Piaggio India to at least ckd it here: would there be demand at about 2+/- lakhs?

I am rather infatuated by this thing, and WILL buy it if and when launched here, question is: will it be affordable enough, and 'worth it' enough, say at 2.5 lakhs?

How I wish Piaggio India has imported one in order to develop an 'emerging markets', cheaper version for sale AND exports out of India!

What do you think?
    pabhishek and asimpleson like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    With Toyota i-Road still not clear with their launch plans, this one has a great potential to rob away a section of sales from the cars too. Thanks for sharing..!
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @asimpleson

This might be the world's greatest personal 'mobility solution', no?! And pretty perfect for urban India too: as nimble, flexible as a bike, yet as almost safe and table as a small car.

I can see this being a special hit in Bombay/Mumbai!:cool:

Here's hoping the price can be kept WELL south of say 4 lakhs, BUT as we know Italian firms are slow, risk-averse and also, sometimes, complacent/smug.....;)
    asimpleson likes this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Good alternative, but despite its goodness, I am not sure whether it will work here. They should downsize engine a bit to price it in a way that it should be affordable to more people, if at all it's getting launched.

OT - this was the same venue where I drove Italian beauties few months back - lambo and Ferrari, refreshed all the memories. :happy::)
    asimpleson, prabhjot and rishike007 like this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    In contrast to the three wheeled vehicles which I am aware of (read Rickshaws) this one is peculiar with two wheels in the front and one at rear. It might be dispelled by the Indian customer as this gives somewhat a differently abled customer centric feel.

I am sure Piaggio must be having some more fantastic performance oriented scooters lined up for Indian market other than the (now boring) Vespa.
    prabhjot likes this.