1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Phone conversation is very Noisy (Grrr kinda sound) in Blue and Me

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by srida, Oct 18, 2011.

1. A New issue has boarded in my car. The Blue and Me behaves weirdly when Making calls. When I make a call, The speakers make a horrible noise (Grrr). This continues even after the person at the other side picks up the call. Also the person at the other side too could hear only the Grrrr noise but not the voice of the caller. The other person immeditly hangs of the phone since the noise at his end is unbearable. Listening to music is normal. This happens only when making calls. I am not sure if the problem is with the Blue N Me or with my phone. I am yet to try with another bluetooth fone.

Has anybody else faced this kinda issue. I am not able to face my wife, she would say 'This is why I told you we will go for Skoda Fabia'. :(
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Another Blue n Me issue!! Ok reset ur blue n me by disconnecting the -ve terminal of the battery for 1min.And also do check another fone with ur blue n me box!! Reset if problem persists,even if reset doesnt work out then opt for a new blue n box replacement under warranty.Btw does music play fine on ur stock speakers??
  3. Yes Pioneeraaron. The Music is Fine with the speakers. It is only the Phone Calls which makes such a horrible noise on the speakers. I would do the reset after checking with another BT fone.
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3

From the posts I presume that you are using stock speakers.

I too had this problem while using stock speakers. Even B&M commands were not 'understandable' due to speaker distortion. After I changed my speakers - no amp/sub etc - I found that this problem does not occur. The B&M commands are very clear and so is the cellphone transmission/reception.

So, you could consider changing only the speakers - comps in front & co-axials at the back, and you should overcome this problem. I had commented upon this aspect in my thread on speaker change. The link is: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/sho...nge-on-my-Emo-Pack&p=5333&viewfull=1#post5333

5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

I think stock speakers are not a problem.Im using stock speakers and blue n me is very crisp and clear till date.
  6. I tried with my wife's mobile. The issue still persists. The sound at the other end is very very horrible. Can make the person deaf if the person dosent hangup soon. I want to try disconnecting the -ve terminal but something stops me from doing it.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Pioneeraaron, do you own a 2009 Linea or 2010 model? In 2009, speakers were much better with comps in front doors.

I, too, believe that the stock speakers are the culprit here as I have faced the issue of sound distortion with stock speakers.

Srida, the Blue&Me operates at a much higher volume than your music. Suppose you play music at volumes of 10-12 max, but B-n-M operates at around 25-27 so you can see why stock speakers are prone to distortion.
    Secondly, try a fix and see if this helps. In the head unit (music system) settings, there is a feature of "Restore factory/default settings". Restore factory settings to see if this resolves the issue. Because, it is a possibility that you have turned the "external volume" feature too high by rotating the volume knob while talking or giving voice commands.

Changing the speakers can remove all sorts of distortion by the way. I changed front speakers to 6.5" JBL GTO 609 while I got 6.5" JVC 4-way co-axials for rear doors. I costed around Rs7000 and definitely worth it. Only thing is that the installer did a poor job and there are some rattles in all four doors as a result of poor installation of speakers.

One more thing, consider yourself lucky that you did not buy a Skoda Fabia at least. Though I have never been a Skoda owner but the failure rate with Skoda cars is way too high as reported by owners themselves. I see so many Skoda cars in the classified that are just 2-3 years old.
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

I own a 2009 model :-D
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Srida, any update on your issue? I have joined you now. Yes, I am having the same problem as mentioned by you from this morning :(. For the information of other members, I have upgraded the speakers to front Component and rear coaxials. Problem is not with the speakers. The songs are playing good. Having issue only with the phone calls.

Have you got this resolved srida?

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 AM ----------

I wanted to test my car again and went ahead this afternoon. Now, my car stopped connecting with my phone automatically. Even, when I forced for the connect with Blue&Me in my Nokia Phone, the connection failed. I deleted the pairing in my phone and tried to re-pair. Now, pairing itself got failed. Tried multiple times but couldn't succeed. Got the error "PAIR. FAILED" and the lady voice said "User pairing failed".

Now, I have one option. Head to TASS.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  10. redbull

I agree with this - The Blue&Me handsfree is crisp and clear - no crackles, static, echo (local/remote), whine - nothing whatsoever - the best bluetooth handsfree I have encountered so far.