1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Phoenix Rising - The GTX Restoration Log

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by teky, Oct 25, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Very true. But, how will the car stop when needed? :D
    He may first need to work on getting a better braking system as well.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Job Well Done :)

@Teky - Your restoration of Palio GTX looks stunner and hats off to your dedication/commitment/time, surely it's not a cake walk.

On looking at the pictures, instead of having white roof and having white color in spoiler think it's better to have in complete blue with Jet black alloy like this

http://galleryplus.ebayimg.com/ws/web/151138199682_1_0_1/1000x1000.jpg

Just sharing my thought.
    2 people like this.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Shashank - I'm out of the country and hence the interior work is completely on hold. Hopefully I shall be starting it from next month.

@Naughty - Thanks for your kind words

@chakiirfan - Thanks for your words, but there are even better restorations which haven't been documented properly. They have been helping me offline to get this car to this stage.

Thanks @5u3zEr0 . Yes the wheels and alloys will be changed in due course, I'm planning to stick to 15" due to the driving conditions although a 17" will look fantastic. The car has got it's FFE done already below is a video of the same. What sort of a conical filter to you recommend for this car. The car has clocked about 67K for now.

Very true Ramesh, especially after driving a Punto the experience can be scary. We will see if Adventure rotor plans succeed.

Thanks @Crazy Fiatian and also suggestions. It all will be based on the Alloys I choose at a later stage of project.
    2 people like this.
  4. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @ ramjn: Its not too much of a bump in power that you need to upgrade the brakes. My stock brakes worked fine with the whole setup.

@ teky: I had a evotion air filter, I think it was a model called ev500. Before that I had a Ractive one. If you have done the headers, do you find any difference in the idle rpm?
  5. amit_shimla

amit_shimla Timido

Shimla
    This is an AmaXing job done. Color is looks better than the factory one. Must have costed you a fortune.
    1 person likes this.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Thanks @amit_shimla. It didn't cost me a fortune, it was more in-tune with every other paint shop but my mechanic Murugan and the painter knew the job - Result!
  7. sidd

sidd Amatore

delhi
    bump bump bump, any updates?
  8. Guru_mprasad

Guru_mprasad Amatore

Chennai
    Can you tell me how much it costed just for repainting alone????
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    @sidd - no updates as I'm currently out of country.

It costed over 40k IIRC. This is due to fact that there was a color change involved. If you're retaining old color shouldn't cost much. This doesn't include the tinkering cost however.