1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Phoenix Rising - The GTX Restoration Log

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by teky, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Don't want affect the flow of this thread.
    Front bumper is missing the round cap. Any plans for adding DRL?
    Word of caution on FEE many people reverted to stock after some time.brake rotor upgrade to slotted/groved one would increase the braking ability.
    Switch to Irridium plugs by NGK.did you get the exhaust port,MAP and throttle body cleaned once?
    3M clening solution works best for sensors and TB.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    what is the procedure to get color changed in Registration Certificate?
    1 person likes this.
  3. Great pics !!! IMHO painting the ORVM white would have looked nice..what say people???
    2 people like this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Great job Teky.

The painter deserves a special mention here - the guy knows his job REALLY well. Hats off to you sir!
    2 people like this.
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Yes ORVM should be painted in White to match white roof & white alloys.Great job done by you Teky & a big hats off to you & the painter for painting GTX in Lovely Blue.Post some interior pics too.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    The bumper cap has to be sourced Sat, Not plans of DRL as of now but I'll think about that now. I hope I will not revert back after FFE since this is only going to be a weekend ride. For the braking ability the plan is get Adventure rotors and pads on which should significantly improve the braking ability. I didn't get anything cleaned on Exhaust side since with the Palio if everything is running I don't tend to disturb it.

The car has to be presented at the RTO once the paint change is done and application has been to be submitted with the Original RC to get it done. I've not done this yet and will be done in due course.

Thanks urraco, credits to photographer. White was thought about urraco but it was getting too bright, but will give a thought about it later.

Thanks gurjinder. The painter was a connect through the mechanic and he deserves a special mention as well as dismantling and assembling the Palio isn't a child's play.

I don't have any interior pictures handy Nadeem and I'll post once get hold of it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
    3 people like this.
  7. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Oh my my my...what a beauty!!! Its a treat watching this lovely bird swinging all along!!!

Fiat stopped this gorgeous car and VW with some changes selling in the name of POLO:(
    Everytime I see a polo I curse FIAT for stopping the PALIO. Damn company brought and stopped the right car at the wrong time.
    4 people like this.
  8. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Beautiful..... just beautiful.....!!!

Excellent restoration. Enjoyed the journey so far. Waiting for interior snaps as well.
    Congratulations on NEW beast.... ;)
    2 people like this.
  9. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Teky brother,it was killer now “Killed“.
    1 person likes this.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Thanks MakeTheMove and Varoon Bhai.