1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Phoenix Rising - The GTX Restoration Log

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by teky, Oct 25, 2013.

1. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Teky bravo, super like!!

I see in one of the pics, all the palios witnessing the rebirth!!!
    Amazing restoration work and hats off to the passion!
    1 person likes this.
  2. Waiting & waiting for more updates....:sad::sad::sad:
    1 person likes this.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    The car post handing over the painter had it's wheels removed to paint into White color. The alloys where not in a great condition and had be washed and then painted. As and when the time permits I'll be upgrading to better Alloys in the same tone.
    The Alloys being washed
    Alloys Wheels Being Washed.jpg
    Washed and Prepd Alloy
    Washed and Prepd Alloy.jpg
    The car also had it's final polishing happening before the fittings being performed at the Mechanic's garage. So I decided to pop-in to understand the status of the car and during this time it was decided that I'll drive the car to the garage. I had a great feeling as I'm going to drive this beast after 6 months and was excited and hence waited for the Painter to complete his job.
    Painter working on Final Polishing
    Painter working on Final Polishing.jpg
    Bonnet Post Polishing
    Post Polishing Bonnet.jpg
    Post Polishing
    Post Polishing.jpg
    The Rear Windshield imported from Brazil
    The Rear Windshield imported from Brazil.jpg
    The Painted Alloys
    Front Wheels.jpg
    Rear Wheels.jpg

So once the painter was done with his job I cranked the car and started towards the garage. I noticed that fuel gauge being almost empty but guessed it will reach the garage safely. But as luck would've had it the car started huffing and puffing in the middle of the trip so I safely parked it in the roadside. I firmly believe that All these tantrums thrown by these Fiat's are just to ensure they are properly bonded with the owner. I also had fellow Fiat'ian Muthu lead me in his Punto whilst taking the car to Garage which helped a lot. I took the Punto and got some petrol to re-fill the Palio, mean while Muthu had clicked some pictures whilst it was stranded.
    Palio Stranded Post Polishing
    Palio Stranded Post Polishing.jpg
    Photogenic Even whilst stranded
    Photogenic Even whilst stranded.jpg
    The Roof
    The Roof.jpg
    Finally reached the Garage
    Reached Workshop Finally.jpg

Once in the garage Murugan started working on the final fittings including rubber beadings, mirror caps etc. We also got the general service done including Engine Oil and all filters just to be too sure. Post this we had some other minor stuff be done including the interior cleaning, stickering of B pillars and other work which had to be worked over couple of days. The interiors were cleaned at Car Cares, OMR and as usual they did a brilliant job in getting rid of all the muck. I also got rid of the seat covers to check the OE seats and got them cleaned.

Coming up next the pictures from actual Photo shoot.
    12 people like this.
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Teky, your bluebird is looking smashing! with stickers on it it will be a killer.
    And yes, Palio is photogenic it looks awesome in whatever angle you click the photo.

If possible get Linea's 15" alloys!
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice choice of color, along with White alloys, it surely looking very nice.
    1 person likes this.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Thanks mchanna. Alloys are in the pipe-line, nothing as of now. If however I get them it will be 17" one's

Thanks Ravi. Glad that the color scheme is being liked.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    teky the color is looking nice! in some FB pics i saw that you have not painted ORVM covers in white? i feel that would look better
    1 person likes this.
  8. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    WoW 17", just imagining how deadly it would look. Get it soon cant wait to see the whole new avatar of palio!!
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    So teky can we term your restoration and up-gradation as resgradation? :D

Nice work done by your mechanic and the paint shop. Congratulations for your successful realization of dream. Next time while in chennai will surely meet you (rather your palio..........:p)
    1 person likes this.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Now for the actual pictures from the Photo shoot post the restoration.

Why did Fiat stop this gorgeous car!
    IMG_6196_Edited.jpg
    IMG_5859.jpg
    IMG_5865.jpg
    IMG_5878.jpg
    IMG_5891.jpg
    IMG_5954.jpg
    IMG_6032_Edited.jpg
    IMG_6176_Edited.jpg

There is still some more work pending including FFE, Audio, Leather Seats and Alloys which will be done as a second phase to this project.