1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Phoenix Rising - The GTX Restoration Log

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by teky, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Keep it coming Teky!
    Wonderful narration. This colour looks super awesome n cool on the Palio.
    Are there plans for refurbishing the alloys as well?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No words. """"JUST KILLER""""
    1 person likes this.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    HOLY COW !!! really epic man.. is it the polestar blue shade? loved it.. remember reading somewhere that u picked up fern green bcoz you wanted to be sober and hence no flashy colors and now you have turned the table around... great going... cant wait to see the final outcome with some flashy alloys too !! please get the side skirts of S10 also.. would look killer !!! if you wish, try out this too as our member clevermax did to his palio recently: 560080_10152204857818776_276290501_n.jpg
    556551_10152204857758776_946349074_n.jpg
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Thanks Auto Freak. Yes the alloys will also get re-painted in due course of time.

Thanks Varoon

Thanks Varun. Yes this shade was picked from Polestar blue called the rebel blue. I would've loved to retain the Green which was looking nice but choose this to match the character of GTX. We are searching for S10 Skirts and also S10 fenders to see if they can be fitted onto the car. No Plans of changing stock alloys yet and those will get re-painted in a different color from stock. The one on Clevermax car looks nice, Will check that out once the basic stuff is done.
    4 people like this.
  5. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Amazing work Teky, when I see threads like this I really feel like going and buying a GTX and redoing it.

It’s only when I actually start thinking about the amount of work/research and time required to do restoration that I chicken out ;). I am hoping that the day will come soon when I can get my hands dirty with a GTX as well.

Great work and the colour looks great!!!
    1 person likes this.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Thanks @Flywheel

Some more updates over the past 2 days, the car interiors have been completely fitted and the car has been handed back to the painter for completing other stuff like beadings, spoiler, mirror caps. The car will also get it’s final polishing before us being able to do any interior works.

Brand new Windshield of ASAI make has been fitted in the car. The old one had a crack already and was there for past 2 years and it had to be cut open to replace the rust spot on the roof. As the Windshield was broken apart we had to replace the Windshield Pillar Mounts on both the sides, I’ve ordered the necessary part from 99RPM. It’s going to take another 15 days before I get it. We’ve tried sourcing it from Chennai locally and had no luck so far. I also visited Ramkay Fiat to find it being not available. We were able to strip it out from the 1.2 donor car one side and other side from my original which was intact. There are couple of more bit and pieces required to complete the fittings which I hope will arrive in due course of time.

The donor car
    Boys ripping apart the donor car.jpg

However the visit to Ramkay Fiat was useful as I was able to source a bag full of parts. These include the Centre AC Vents, Side AC Vents, Original Antenna, Rear Wiper Arm and regular servicing consumables such as Air Filter, Oil Filter and Fuel Filter. I was surprised at the amount of spares they had for Palio. They had Timing Kit, Clutch, Brakes, Clutch Master Cylinder, Clutch Slave Cylinder, OE Headlamps etc readily available for the Palio. Some of them are cheaper than other sources and they are happy to order spare parts for us. If the part is available with Fiat then it arrives within a week which is reasonable considering that it’s a decade old car. This is only for non-critical parts as other critical parts are well stocked.

Picture time
    Bonnet NVH Isolation fitted
    Bonnet NVH Isolation fitted.jpg
    Roof Lining Fitted
    Roof Lining Fitted.jpg
    Seats Fitted - Will be replaced with new covers
    Seats Fitted - Will be replaced with new covers.jpg
    New Windshield Fitted
    New Windshield Fitted.jpg
    Spare Parts procured at Ramkay Fiat
    Spare Parts procurred at Ramkay Fiat.jpg
    Center AC Vent - Brushed Finish, not the original one but from the Stile
    Centre AC Vent.jpg
    Side AC Vents
    Side AC Vents.jpg
    Original Antenna to be replaced - The OE one isn't the screw type
    Original Antenna to be replaced.jpg

As of yesterday the Spoiler, Mirror caps and beadings have been painted and kept ready. Some more parts such as glass bottom outer cover also have been shipped from 99RPM which will be fitted on before this weekend. The Alloys have been dismounted to allow the painter complete his work.
    13 people like this.
  7. Why top is still in white colour.
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    The theme is Blue and white. With white roof, spoiler and ORVM caps. Not sure if the alloys will get the white paint too.
    3 people like this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Seeing new Palio parts in FIAT packing makes me feel very excited :p
    2 people like this.
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Cant wait to see your GTX in flesh:p.Glad to see Palio parts packed in Fiat packing.