1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PF Grievance Portal

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by kr_vasudev, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Excellent turn around.
    In 2 days they have replied all details I wanted and closed the case.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    You can now initiate PF transfer online.
    Fill up the form online, submit, and then give the print out of the submitted form to your current employer.

Online Transfer Claim Portal
  3. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good news for PF account holders - EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by October 15 - NDTVProfit.com

• EPFO will provide permanent or universal account numbers (UAN)
    • The UAN will facilitate subscribers in avoiding filing of PF transfer claims on changing jobs.
    • UAN will be allotted to the present active members by October 15, 2014
    • After getting UAN, a subscriber would not be issued new PF account number on joining new firm
    • The UAN would be one account number which would be allotted to a subscriber for various schemes run by the EPFO for his entire service period with different employers.
    2 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is an excellent step by EPFO. The PF transfer is actually a pain and takes months and years without even knowing the status. My PF transfer is done atlast. I got to know this after seeing the PF statement issued by my employer this year. :)
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Indeed a good step from EPFO.
    Those who still want to transfer PF from your very old account can use the Online Transfer Claim Portal link. It completes the transfer process in about two months. Best part is that the members are notified via SMS at each step. I recently got the amount transferred from two of my older PF accounts to the current one. One of them was over ten years old and the account had become inactive. That got transferred now.
    All my earlier attempts to transfer them had failed due to some reason or other. I even tried to withdraw them, but that required me to produce an affidavit stating that "I am genuine and jobless" (to keep applying for PF transfer or withdrawal?).
    2 people like this.
  6. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats great piece of info.Even i am thinking to transfer my two older PF accounts money to current one.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    It does not work for PF accounts maintained by Trusts which is the case with a lot of employers.
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes shams, but normally tursts does these work pretty quickly. This govt department creates lots of undue delays, and tough to track.
    If it made online, or permanent number, lots of headache will go.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    May be this has a little more complicated process to transfer between trusts. I worked for HCL until 2006, and in the next three companies, I made a request to transfer. Nothing worked, either the form is misplaced or some mishandling somewhere. Finally, withdrew the amount six months back.
    The FAQ on OTCP site says it is possible to transfer between trusts too.
  10. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.