1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Petrolhead Dreams - Options in the used car market?

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Relativity, Jun 19, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Technically, the main difference between GTX and S10 is that the S10 has got a different gear box. It is a notch better to drive than the GTX. But, getting a good S10 is not a easy task. Fiat sold only 500 S10's and some cars have been scrapped too. Hunting for a GTX is easier than S10. If you are particular about S10, I know one available for sale in Mumbai and another in North East :D.

Skoda will be very expensive to maintain.
    1 person likes this.
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I doubt you can get the Skoda Octavia 1.8 Turbo petrol for less then a lakh.

How about the first generation Honda City VTEC?
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I am glad that I am getting so many responses to research but why is everybody ignoring the Mitsubishi Lancer / Cedia?
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Cedia is a good buy if you can find it( Under a lakh would be tough though) but again spares is something you should look at while the lancer has an underpowered engine for its weight and considering its come of age now you will really have to work with it to extract drag racing performance
    1 person likes this.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Octavia costs a bomb to maintain if something conks off...
    Vtec is one gem of a car, insane power from the start with the 1.5 engine, but i hated its handling.. i have driven it just once when i was looking onto buying one before getting my punto.. . In fact, Vtec power surge kicks in only at 4200 rpm and till that its the same NA engine like in city 1.5exi. It has an additional cam lobe which gets actualted by a solenoid at 4200 rpm which gives that power.. Hence it also gives a better mileage figures if driven sanely at lesser rpms. the demand for OHC Vtec rose considerably last year that its resale values have gone up.. i guess, it should have come down after the recent petrol price hikes...

Old lancer is one of the most beautiful cars around, you can see.. I know of a person who has 1999 petrol lancer run for almost 2Lakh kms.. If maintained properly, it ll last ages.. Moreover, you have got so many possibilities to pimp it up both aesthetically as well as internally as its a petrol. Unlike lancer diesel, which has the previous gen engine which is so damn sluggish, the petrol is a rocket, if you get hold of a good free flow n a CAI. Parts will be a hassle, but since its available globally, you can always source it from neighboring countries like many people do it !! you can get a 2004 lancer petrol for around 1.5 L!
    1 person likes this.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3