1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Petrolhead Dreams - Options in the used car market?

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Relativity, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    What can I expect to buy under a lakh for a top notch petrolhead's car? Any manufacturer or model is fine.
    I can only think of a Mitsubishi Lancer but the service and spares seem to be an issue. Used TJet may or may not be available at that price.

I have been bitten by the street car bug and I now crave the 0-100 in As soon as freaking possible! :D
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I think you should also be able to find the chevi SRV for that price.
    I personally think its also a good car and the spares are available as the car is still on the road.
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    For less than a lakh, it is none other than the GTX. It is true blast to drive.
    Getting spares for Palio is not that difficult. There are couple of shops at GP road itself. If not, we have Kava, Mumbai.
    2 people like this.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Haha, I expected this from you mate, get the GTX it's the best your money can buy now. Don't worry about service or spares.
    1 person likes this.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Come to think of it I always liked the look of the Chevy SRV. Let me research the specs and if any are available.
    GTX sounds more tempting though :-D

BTW, the initial round of discussion with the wife didn't go very well so I may have to re-introduce the idea very slowly again.
    More so because I am already doing mods on my bike at the moment :D
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Forget the Chevy SRV. It's all show and no go. Palio GTX / S10 is a much much better bet.

By the way, why used T-Jet? From the reports going around there are discounts of upto 1.50 lakhs on the car. It should cost you near about's a million bucks. Even if it's slightly more, I say go for it.

If used, search for a Laura TSI or a Honda Civic.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    amit, his budget is less than a lakh ;).
  9. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Oops! Read that as under 10 lakhs hence the suggestions.

For under a lakh, the Palio GTX / S10 makes the most sense. The only other option according to me is the Alto 1.1 :).
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I am trying to get more details on GTX Vs S1o. is there a thread to understand the differences between the two?
    Also, what's our take on a Mitsubishi Lancer or an Old Skoda Octavia Petrol?