1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    A small update on the car.

Got the Wheel balancing and alignment done again as the Car was sort of wobbling between 70-100 kmph speeds. This problem started after the alloy wheel bend was removed and the person who removed the wheel forgot to balance it again. Did not want to take a chance, so called up Nikhil and requested for a slot at Madhus Enterprises.

The below things were done.

1. The toe rod was adjusted as it was not found to be in range.
    2. The wheels balanced
    3. Tyres checked for any punctures
    4. Small stones that were stuck in the threads were promptly removed
    5. Nitrogen topped up

For the problem of wobbling has sort of disappeared. Was able to reach only till 80 kmph. Will reserve the comments till I hit higher speeds.

Total cost was INR. 680/- after special discount for teambhpians. I did not mention to him that I was teambhpian, probably they spotted the stickers and gave the discount.

A big thumps to the guys there for the work done on the car

Will I visit again for the alignment and balancing, a resounding YES.
    1 person likes this.
  2. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    A Few Pics of My Linea

A few pics of my Linea from my last drive south.

IMG_9354.jpg

IMG_9380.jpg

IMG_9384.jpg

IMG_9386.jpg

IMG_9438.jpg

IMG_9444.jpg

IMG_9494.jpg

IMG_9530.jpg

IMG_9537.jpg

IMG_9840.jpg
    9 people like this.
  3. Is the point and shoot camera or DSLR?
  4. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    DLSR it is. Canon 500D, lenses - 18-55 mm kits, EF 50 mm f1.8 and Tamron SP 70-300 VC USM
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Nice locations. Except the windmill picture, all others are victims of incorrect settings / too much post processing. The 18-55 kit lens is crap. Try shooting more with the 70-300 lens and you will get amazing results.

Rajan
  6. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    I always use 550D with 50mm 1.8 Lens. I have stopped using kit lens... 50mm 1.8 is excellent for its price
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Being not so active on Tfi now a days, missed your thread completely here! (saw it on other forum thought) :)

Must say, Linea is Linea! Blows away the competition by looks itself..
    1 person likes this.
  8. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Completed 8000 kms this Sunday while returning from Chikamagalur drive. The car as usual was superb in the winding and twisty roads.

123.jpg

Sunday there is a free check up camp at Prerana Motors. They themselves gave me an appointment. Lets see whats in store there.
    3 people like this.
  9. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    10,000 KMS Review

The odo crossed the 10,000 kms mark in the 3rd week of December 2012. After a bit of delay, here we go with what I feel about the car.

Positives

1. Looks – The Linea looks beautiful from any angle. I like the front and rear 3 quarters of the car.
    2. Fuel Efficiency – The 1.3 MJD is doing overtime duty to pull the heavy car and yet being fuel efficient.

City Mileage – between 13.5 kmpl to 15 kmpl depending on traffic
    Highway Mileage – between 18 – 20 kmpl depending on what speeds one does. Speeds beyond 110 kmph gets the mileage down quite quickly. Blame the short gearing for the 5th cog.

3. Ride and Handling – IMO the Linea handles better than its competitors even with the increased ground clearance. You do exactly the opposite of what you do with other cars when you see a corner or a curve. The Linea urges you to press the gas pedal instead of braking.

4. Steering Feedback – The steering is a real delight to hold as well as the way it communicates gives you complete confidence

5. Headlights - The headlights are adequate/sufficient for the highway drives with the Osram silver star bulbs and fog lamps are quite powerful with good spread

6. Features - Linea is loaded with features where additional after-market stuff is not required except for the speakers. For an audiophile the speaker upgrade is mandatory.

7. Powerful AC - The AC is quite powerful and chills the cabin in no time. Would have preferred a lower blower noise at higher fan speeds

8. Build Quality - The car is silent with no rattling (touch wood). The plastics though might look cheap are fit well and is not a cause for concern.

Negatives

1. Wind Noise - This is getting really irritating. The wind noise at 80-90 kmph is quite high. However, this sort of reduces with speeds above 110 kmph

2. No Bottle Holders - There is not a single bottle holder in the car. The cup holders are good only to keep perfume.

3. Tyre Noise - The tyre noise from the Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 is simply on the higher side. On the concrete roads, they are loud and very irritating.

Other Aspects

The Prerana Motors service team is very receptive to your views and supportive in sorting out any issues faced. But the number of feedback calls are unnecessary.

Thats it for now, will post if I have missed anything.
    3 people like this.
  10. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for sharing your experience after 10,000kms.

I completely agree. This to me is the biggest inconvenience in linea.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.