1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    When you know you are approaching a signal with relatively free road. Instead of stomping on the brakes, drop a gear or two to reduce the speed of the quite a bit. With slowers speeds the brake pads works less harder prolonging the life of the brake pad. This technique is very useful on the highways and when driving down the ghats with minimal usage of the brakes.

If you drive with the hand brakes not released, the rear brake drums and shoes will wear out very quickly. Are you not receiving the warning beep if the hand brake is on when you start driving, if you dont hear one, thats may be due the buzzer volume is low. Keep it to max always to attract your attention.

Yes. Got this done at the 3M HSR Layout. Please refer to this thread here

PM me if you need any help with respect to keeping your car Spanking new.
    1 person likes this.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey thanks a lot friend. Theres a 3M care in my office premises only - UB City :) Shall check with them. For my previous car, had got 3M treatment at RMV Extn shop. Was happy with the work but felt they are touch expensive. For Punto its still pending. Considering Sonax Car care as well. Shall PM you for any other details. Thanks!
  3. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Ah. Good you have one in the Office Premises. But as far as I am aware of they do not have full fledged washing equipment.

And with RMV, the center is more focused on billing the highest amount instead of providing fantastic service for whatever service/car care product the customer wants.

HSR Layout store does very well with the customer service and thats the reason I travel all the way from RT Nagar to HSR Layout inspite of a 3M Center in RMV.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, UB City 3M outlet does not have a ful fledged washing bay. Oh! Thanks for the info about RMV outlet. Shall contact you when I decide about visiting 3M for treatment :up
  5. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The odo stands at 6,772 kms. Mileage update.

21st Refill - 191 kms - 14.74 litres - 12.96 kmpl - 100% in city with 100% AC.

The current tankful seems to be get me into the 15 kmpl bracket.

My close pal gifted the California Duster for my Linea. Wait for the dust to accumulate on the car to clean with the California Duster. Will post a review about the California Duster once I get to use it properly.

Got the AC ducts cleaned at the 3M car care HSR Layout as it was making a weird odour and also got the PPF for the boot area to ensure there would be no scratches when loading and unloading luggage.

Cost break up

1) AC Duct cleaning - Rs. 960/-

2) PPF for the boot area - Rs. 353/-
    3 people like this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are keeping a great details of your car. Very nice to see.
  7. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Mileage Update

22nd Refill

Distance - 324 kms

Fuel consumed - 21.45 litres

Cost per litre - INR51.41/-

Mileage - 15.10 kmpl

Bunk - IOCL

City to Highway Mix - 100% city

AC Usage - 100%

Average Speed - 20 kmph

Finally breached the 15 kmpl mark in the city. With the kms piling on the Odo, the mileage is on the upwards and I like it. :up
    1 person likes this.
  8. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The car had got dirty and there was lost of dust and grime on the car. So decided get the car washed and waxed from 3M Car Care in HSR Layout. The total cost was (895+12.36% ST) = INR 1,006/-

A few pictures. Excuse me for the quality of pics, these were taken from mobile camera

The car ready for the wash

1.jpg

High pressure water sprayed to the Wheel wheels to blast away the dirt.

2.jpg

The car rinsed with the foam

3.jpg

4.jpg

The video of the washing process

The car back on top after the wiping ready for waxing.

5.jpg

The waxing begins

9.jpg

After effects of waxing

8.jpg

10.jpg

The interiors where vacuumed and cleaned too

6.jpg

7.jpg

End Result

11.jpg

12.jpg

I am grateful to the boys at 3M for helping me keep my car looking as good as new.
    2 people like this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What ever camera you use, Linea always look Beautiful. :)
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  10. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Cannot agree more on this. I should have taken the DSLR to click the pics, it was shining under the lights yesterday evening