1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    6500 kms Update

The odo stands at 6550 as of today morning. A small review after covering this distance.

+ves
    • Looks - Perfect and looks very good in white. Waiting for the day the ban on tints go, so that I can get a bit of dark film to make it look even better
    • Love the turbine blade alloy wheels. Adds a lot of character to the car.
    • Mileage - quite happy with the reduction in the fuel costs after the Liva.
    • Comfort - Most of the passengers in the car felt the car was very comfortable. (note - nobody above 5 ft 9 inches in the family).
    • Features - The car is loaded with sufficient features and most of it is quite useful.
    • Blue n Me - I miss this feature when I step into other cars. Blue n Me is not just the Bluetooth its got a lot more to it.
    • Ride and Handling - Perfect balance. Brings a grin whenever you drive it
    • Punchy mid Range - Can happy cruise at 100-120 all day long and doesn't need downshifting to overtake.
    • Fog lamps are bright and is very useful
    • AC chills the cabin in no time, but the blower at full speed is noisy.
    • Arm rest is very useful and makes the driver's life easy on long journeys.
    • Brakes are very reassuring.
    • Boot space very usable. Parents have been loading it to the full just because it can hold more luggage. Dad is very happy about it and he likes the rear arm rest too.
    • Love to keep the car spanking clean. Have been able to manage it until now with help from the 3M guys HSR Layout. (thanks to the boys there)

-ves
    • Can be caught napping if you are not in the right gear in city traffic. Courtesy turbo lag.
    • No bottle holders. Have no other option than keeping the bottle in the rear seat pocket or leave it rolling on the floor. I am not comfortable with either
    • Low Beam intensity can be better. Working around a solution for this.
    • The Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 are noisy willing to change. But my friend who runs a tyre shops suggests me use these tyres up at least for 25-30K. He simply its not worth changing after using the tyres for 6.5K kms. I will stick with it for the time being.
    • The speaker are nothing but crap. Will be upgrading it sometime soon. Waiting for the Vitamin M top up

Got the wheel rotation, balancing and alignment done yesterday. Will update the results with pics.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Carbon Fiber Stickers from 3M

Got the Carbon fiber wraps for the doors where the earlier matt black stickers were present. The wrap costs Rs. 352/- per sq ft.

Here we go with the pictures. Sorry about the quality, it was shot with mobile. Will post day time pics a little later.

The installation being done.

1.jpg

After installation pics

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg
    5 people like this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    That looks nice and neat too!
    Please post a full picture when you get time.
  4. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Sure will post the full pictures after the pictures are taken.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had thought of doing this, but was skeptical as i haven't seen any other car having it, hence went with gloss black. please post more full side profile pics during daytime. If good, will do it soon !!
  6. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    With the car covering 6500 kms on the odo, thought it was a good time to get the wheel rotation, balancing and alignment done. More so because I had hit a deep pothole on the recent highway trip. Wanted to check the alloys too.

The wheels removed for rotation. Did the 4 wheel rotation as per FIAT's recommendation front to rear. No cross rotation was done.

A snap to see the status of brake pads. There are complaints that the brake pads wear out by 15000 kms on the Linea and Punto. The brake pads here seem to be a good for another 15000-18000 kms.

7.jpg

The rear drums, how I wish it had all around discs

8.jpg

The balancing being done.

9.jpg

The alignment being adjusted.

10.jpg

Also while balancing found the both the left side alloys where bent. Pulled out the spare alloy and put it at the front and the one that was bent most is sitting in the boot now and the other bent one on the rear wheel. Mostly will pick up one alloys, but its damn costly at 12500 a piece.

Cost of wheel balancing and alignment (including weights) - Rs. 600/-

Got this done from Sai Iyengar and Sons - Sarjapur Road.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It also depends on how we drive the vehicle too. Mine, after driving 31k kms needs a replacement now. I know people who have driven more than 35k too.
  8. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Very true, how we drive and the amount of usage of brakes impacts the life of brake pads. Most times I use engine braking to ensure that the best of both worlds is achieved.
  9. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    What do you mean by engine braking ? Any suggestions on how to prolong life of brake ? I have a bad habit of running the vehicle without freeing hand brake :(
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ nkrishnap, lovely car and lovely ownership thread ! Was the carbon fibre installation done at 3M outlet itself ?