1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Milestone update: 59,000 kms

59000.jpg

With Odo crossing 59,000 kms I finally took the plunge and got the Linea Wolfed when the car was at 59,007 kms. Meet Rajiv on the 7th for the remap, spent a couple of hours discussing various things while the remap process was on. I will post a detailed update once I pile up a few more kms.

A small pic I took while the maps were being written on the ECU.

Remap.jpg
  2. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Can you elaborately review your car on what you have done for persons like me who have not much idea on remapping ?
  3. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    An update after a longish gap. The Odo is has started munching miles again after the remap. Crossed these milestones during this phase. A detailed observation on the remap will be up soon, need to pen it down and its delayed due to time crunch.

20160206_183636.jpg

20160228_213127.jpg

Mileage during these runs.

Mileage.jpg

The rear struts were showing signs of weakness thanks to boot being used to carry some heavy luggage most of the time, though nothing was broken or any suck kind. Decided to go ahead with the replacement of the struts.

Old Struts

20160207_114826.jpg

A couple of highway drives were on the cards and hence inspected the brake pads and decided to go ahead with the change even though there was some more life left in it after serving for about 30,000 kms.

Old Pads

20160207_114646.jpg

Bangalore has gone horribly dusty for the past few years and results in the air filter and AC filter to clog much faster. The different between clogged and new just after 2,900 odd kms.

AC Filter

20160223_201213.jpg

Air Filter

20160223_202413.jpg
    Tornado, prabhjot, pabhishek and 9 others like this.
  4. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Time for an update.

Crossed the 63,000 kms mark in April during the trip to Salem for the EGR and inter-cooler cleaning work.

63000.jpg

Left home around 5 am on the 9th of April 2016 and drove leisurely to True Sai Motors. Reached there by 8.45 am after a stop over for breakfast on the way. Job card make in 10 mins and a trial before the work began. The car was on the ramp within 45 mins. One person was dedicated to do the job. He is a regular for the EGR work. Got the EGR removed and this was the condition of the EGR, Intake Manifold, Intake Hose and the EGR Valve.

EGR Valve.jpg

EGR.jpg

Intake Hose.jpg

Intake Manifold - 3.jpg

Intake Manifold 2.jpg

Intake Manifold.jpg

After the cleaning process is done

Cleaned EGR.jpg

Cleaned Intake Manifold.jpg

Got the Air filter assembly changed too for two reasons, I had to change the air filter assembly as the thread for the cover was gone and secondly the air filter was dirty. The assembly came with a new filter and costs about 1600 bucks. Changed the mounting rubber too to reduce the vibrations which was caused due to the wear and tear of the rubber mount.

Air Filter Assembly Mount.jpg

Air Filter Assembly Mount Rubber.jpg

I wanted to replace as they were feeling a bit soft after the 63k kms of thrashing it has gone through, but unfortunately the part was not available at True Sai.

Got back to Bangalore fully satisfied with their work. The engine was free revving, breathing easier meant the throttle response was crisp. Hitting the 3 digit speeds in 5th is a breeze now, with the car being quite eager to accelerate. Now, with the EGR completely disabled with the remap, the intake manifold would run a lot cleaner.

Went to Vecto on the 16th of April to get the struts, engine oil and oil filter changed. A camp was on and got a discount of 10% on both labor and parts.

Elastic Pads.jpg

Struts.jpg

@PradeepM helped me source the magnetic window shades and it certainly helps to keep the heat away and the AC a little more effective.

Window Shades - 1.jpg

Window Shades - 2.jpg

Window Shades - 3.jpg

Window Shades - 4.jpg

Mileage Update

Mileage.JPG
    kirenh, pdash, Pavan Puvvada and 5 others like this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks, the pictures are very helpful to understand.
  6. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Cool assessor this magnetic shades! Where did you get these from and how much did these cost? I would order a set.
    Tornado likes this.
  7. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Recently did a drive to Mumbai with a bit of official work. Squeezed a day and 3 Safaris at Kabini too stretching the drive a little more.

Started off from Home at 9 pm on the 23rd April 2016, dropped my wife at in laws place in RR nagar. Started around 10.30 pm, topped up fuel at the RV college IOCL bunk and took the NICE (not so NICE in fact) road towards Tumkur. The drive was quick and uneventful until Dharwad bypass. The right side low beam bulb conked. Replaced the bulb fused 100 w bulb with 80w H7 ones (replaced both the low beams) and continued until the CCD a few kms after the TATA Motors Factory in Dharwad. A cappuccino and a quick power nap, I was off towards Mumbai. Reached Powai around 12 noon. Checked into the hotel, relaxed a bit and went out to meet my friend.

Few pics en-route

20160424_064948.JPG

20160424_065013.JPG

20160424_070626.JPG

A few pics taken at Lonvala
    (forgot the view point name)

IMG_0346.JPG

20160426_183959.JPG

IMG_7349.JPG

Left Lonavala at 3.30 pm on 28th April and drove to Kabini for a day of safaris. Reached back Bangalore on 29th April around 5 pm.

A drive that lasted for 2,481 kms and 39 hours and 36 mins (includes the time the car was idled)

Route map - https://goo.gl/maps/8AktGhtWkUK2

Map

Map.JPG

Mileage

Mileage.JPG

Milestones

20160424_083121.JPG

20160428_230103.JPG

During the drive, I had Huliyar road from Hiriyur towards Channarayapatna. Thanks to my rally style driving, I managed to crack the lower arm rubber. Got these changed a couple of days back at Vecto.

Broken Lower Arm Bush

Old Lower Arm.jpg

New Lower Arm

New Lower Arm.jpg

Replaced the broken Driver side sun visor too

Broken Sun Visor.jpg

New One

New Sun visor.jpg

Vecto has a done a shoddy job when they replaced the lower arm. I had asked to check and tighten the link rod which they have conveniently forgotten. Now another trip to the service center which is really frustrating. Lousy job by them at best.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Krishna, one question on the installation of your DEH-80 PRS. I believe the unit has the USB connectivity at the rear. Where did you take the USB connector? In the glove box? Is the USB extension cable provided by Pioneer good enough for the installation?

And do we need to order the screws as well for the front panel for Linea? Planning to place the order with 99rpm.
  9. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Firstly apologies on the delayed response.

Yes, USB Connectivity is at the rear. The unit comes with the cable. You can easily place that inside the glovebox. But one thing is its really long, so ensure you leave the required length and the tag the remaining behind the gloveblox. USB Cable provide is of very good quality. My only grouse with the head unit is the panel feels too plasticy and flimsy.

No need to order the screws, even the current panel is held by the screws, so you can reuse the same.
    ramjn likes this.
  10. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Crossed the 69,000 km mark and now 10K kms with the Wolf Moto Maps

69000.jpg

Got the Puddle lights and the LED lights in the boot.

Puddle Lamp - 2.jpg

Boot Lamp.jpg

Had a minor accident when I rear ended another car around 20 kmph, thanks to lack of concentration and sudden braking from the car ahead. View attachment Frustration.gif Luckily very little damage on the car ahead and the gentleman said "Don't worry these things happen and drove off"

Damage

Damaged Bonnet.jpg

Broken upper Grill.jpg

Broken Lower Grill.jpg

Picked up the Lower Grill from Aadya Motors and gave the car to Trend Automobiles to have these fixed.

New Lower Grill

New Lower Grill.jpg

Upper grill clamps fixed by welding. It now feels stronger than the OEM ones.

Bonnet tinkered and repainted - Note, I asked the Trend guys not to polish the bonnet post the sanding and Rubbing. I will be detailing it in the next few days.

Fixed Front End.jpg

High beam bulb on the Left headlamps had conked. I had the upgraded the bulbs to night breaker plus a little over 3 years back. Link here. Replaced these with the Osram night breaker unlimited for the high beams which cost me 1650 bucks.

Osram Night Breaker Unlimited.jpg

New High Beam bulbs and Parking Lights.jpg

Swapped the parking light bulbs with the Palio ones as I had put the LED ones in the Palio. This one now looks whitish

New Parking Light.jpg

Old one looks yellowish

Old Parking Light.jpg

Mileage Update

Mileage -1.JPG

Mileage.JPG

Mileage -1.JPG
    PradeepM, Ravi_M, ramjn and 4 others like this.