1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    An update after quite a bit of time.

The odo has cross the 58,000 kms mark and continuing.

Mileage Update:

Mileage.jpg

Thanks to the rains I was working for home during this period and the car was left stationary. The rains add one more problem, gets the rodents out of the borrows to look for new places. The end result is this.

Rat Bite - 1.jpg

Rat Bite - 2.jpg

Fixed with opening up the clips and soldiering the new wire joints and put back to place. The car was back running again.

PS: The soldering gun is not connected and hence cold, so not undue risks here.

Rat Bite - 3.jpg

Rat Bite - 4.jpg

Did a quick trip Bangalore - Mumbai - Bangalore in about 48 hours time, as usual the Linea performed brilliantly.

Now for the bigger update, the ICE. Finally decided to bite the bullet and change the stock headunit. After a bit of research decided to pick up the Pioneer DEH 80 PRS which costed me 25,780 including shipping and customs. I have plans of taking it active in the next few months (as and when Vitamin M permits) and hence got another 4 channel Acoustika Class D amp. A few pics clicked during the installation (please excuse for the mobile pic quality). Got an interface to keep the steering controls going (currently available for Pioneer and Sony Head units. The voice commands and Call buttons do not work, the rest works just like stock).

Quality of audio is significantly better than the stock headunit which is quite obvious. The audio is a lot more pleasant with clarity at good amount of volume. Still fine tuning the setting to suit my taste. Time for now to get high bit rate songs of my existing collection.

ICE Upgrade 1.jpg

ICE Upgrade 3.jpg

OE Head Unit removed, retiring from service.

ICE Upgrade 7.jpg

2nd Amp

ICE Upgrade 14.jpg

ICE Upgrade 9.jpg

Switching it on first time after installation

ICE Upgrade 10.jpg

Fascia looks out of place. Was not able to source the OEM on time, hence the After market put in place temporarily.

Color options on the headunit makes it blend perfectly to the OEM amber lighting in Linea.

ICE Upgrade 13.jpg

ICE Upgrade 15.jpg
    ramjn, Murphy_Fiat, varunrtr and 6 others like this.
  2. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    A very neat job for a DIY. Your car is kicking with heaps of accessories. Are the steering controls active or not ?

Thanks and Regards
    CSR
  3. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    DIY was only for the wiring fix. The headunit installation was done by a professional installer.

The steering controls work except for the call and windows/Voice command buttons
  4. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    After the head unit upgrade, after all the tuning somehow felt the front components were not complementing with the headunit. Changed the ARC ones to the DLS 2 way components. The staging is a lot better and sounds a lot better with smoother treble and high frequencies. Wife who is averse to to high volume asked me to pump up the volume first time in 3+ years on Linea as she liked sound output from the set up.

Old components and new ones

DLS - 1.jpg

DLS - 5.jpg

Tweets and Crossover

DLS - 3.jpg

DLS - 4.jpg

DLS - 2.jpg

I had ordered the OEM Fascia from 99rpm which did not arrive on time. Meanwhile was checking out which dealer had the stock, luckily True Sai Salem had it. Mr. Shakthivel was very helpful to get it couriered to me. Received the part in less than 18 hours (superb work there).

Fascia - 2.jpg

Fascia - 3.jpg

After the OEM Fascia is put in place. Now the headunit sits flush on the console.

Fascia - 4.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    Murphy_Fiat, prabhjot and varunrtr like this.
  5. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    @nkrishnap I am also on lookout for OEM fascia for my Linea. I have installed Pioneer Avhx7750bt HU recently. But the fascia does not fit in the slot. I guess the one which I have used was made for Punto. I think Linea and Punto have same HUs. Your's seem to be installed perfectly. Did you face this issue?
  6. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The oem fascia comes with part number 59064641 (for the painted) and 59064640 for the black (unpainted one). In the case of your headunit, the OEM fascia will mostly be useless as the headunit will be placed a lot more inside than the after market ones which will create hassles for the display screen the 7750BT has.

Also isn't the screen directly in the way of the Blower?

PS: The 59064641 is no longer available and only 59064640 is available.
    Revv likes this.
  7. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    @nkrishnap Thanks for replying and providing part number too. Yes, the screen obstructs blower. I keep it retracted when not needed.
    Also fascia color seems different in your second set of photos. Did you order 2 different parts? Or is it painted afterwards?

Edit: Sorry. Just read your complete post. It is a different part :)
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  8. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Got the 60K kms service done even though the odo was at 587xx kms. Changed all the fluids, brakes (both front and rear) thoroughly cleaned. Changed the indicators on the fenders as it was turning out dull. The bill came up to Rs. 11,422/- I have misplaced the bill, I will post the same once I find it.

Service was satisfactory, but I would not rate it 10/10. They have still a long way to go before they achieve that kind of rating.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Krishna,

What about the timing chain replacement, Was that done too?? Did you by any chance think of skimming the brake discs, did you observe any rusting??
  10. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Timing chain was replaced during the 45,000 kms service. So next I think I will get it done during the 90,000 kms service.

No need of skimming the discs as it had around 0.8mm wear. So it can last another 30K kms easily. The rotors are cheap at 2,580 for a pair. The skimming will make it last a few thousand kms, whereas replacing it will ensure no headaches for the next 75K kms at the least.
    ghodlur likes this.