1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    A few updates on the car over the past few weeks.

Milestone - 48000 on the odo

48000.jpg

Mileage Update

Mileage.JPG

Seat Squeaking issue - Finally this gets fixed. The TATA Johnson folks check and verify the issue with seat rails. The rails are replaced under warranty. The new rails have solved the ever irritating issue of the seat squeaking. The seat feels very similar to the new Linea as the lowest position is slightly higher than the older type and also the older seats had slightly better under thigh support.

With the seat rails getting changed, it ensured the seats were soiled. Purchased the Sonax upholstery cleaner and cleaned the seats.

Cleaning in progress

Seat Cleaning - 1.jpg

Seat Cleaning 2.jpg

After cleaning

Clean Seats 1.jpg

Clean Seats 2.jpg

Clean interiors 2.jpg

Sonax

Sonax.jpg

Dashboard cleaned and all interior plastics dressed with the interior dresser.

Cleaned interiors.jpg

Exteriors washed and waxed

Exteriors 1.jpg

Exteriors 2.jpg

Exteriors 3.jpg

Exteriors 4.jpg

The CBR 250 (Bike belongs to Karthik's cousin) is up for sale. I am the caretaker for 2 weeks. So the CBR gets a wash too.

CBR250 - 2.jpg

CBR250 - 1.jpg

Parking lights on CBR replaced with LEDs

CBR250 - LED 1.jpg

CBR250 - LED 2.jpg

Chain cleaned and sprayed with Motul Chain Lube.

Motul.jpg

Karcher K.6.600 - which I bought during the December Offers at Metro

Karcher.jpg
    asimpleson, prabhjot, Ravi and 2 others like this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @nkrishnap

The car looks like in showroom condition. Hats off to you Krishna for maintaining it that way. What dressing was given to the dashboard, looks real pitch black.

Which seat rails were replaced - front or back? What was the issue in the older rails causing the squeaks? I have been hearing a few squeaks in my Punto as well, can I get them checked and replaced under warranty?
  3. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @nkrishnap Your car can voted as the best car maintained. It looks brand new even after so many years.

Can you let me know where you changed the new rails and how much does it cost? Even I am interested to go for it just for the extra under thigh support. I always liked the new linea front seats as they have more under thigh support and the new rails looks to be a good solution.
  4. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The dashboard was dressed with the Meguairs natural shine protectant. Here's the link - http://www.meguiars.co.in/product/234

Only the front seats have rails and only driver side was replaced which had this issue. The teeth in the older rails had more play which caused squeaking. Please visit the FASS and get it checked. If issue is prominent, TATA Johnson guys will check thoroughly and advise.

The rails were changed at FASS though the diagnosis was done by TATA Johnson guys. The new Linea does not have the under-thigh support like the Lineas (pre 2012). I would suggest don't bother unless the rails and the seat base is having any issues.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    Vishi and prabhjot like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @nkrishnap

You do lavish exemplary care on the Linea, brilliant. No more than it deserves, of course, it goes without saying. I cringe whenever I see even slightly shabby Linea-s and Punto-s in Delhi Ncr, of which there are too many, this being....'North India'.

Now, a question: do you increasingly, like I do nowadays, actually prefer the fun, freedom and flexibility of your bike or this cbr, over even the Linea? Without meaning to be be blasphemous...but I fear i am increasingly falling out of any love of cars, even the Linea! Maybe I am getting old...and trying to compensate. What say, do such sentiments ring a bell? I ask since you still are a biker, no?

cheers
    asimpleson likes this.
  6. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I have always loved the bikes more than the cars. But that doesn't mean I take less care of the cars. Both get equal treatment :)

If I am the lone one traveling for short distances, then the bike it is. The Apache RTR is quietly piling on the kms and just recently cross the 1.3 lakh kms (69K on the Analog odo and 58K on the digital odo, with 4k odd with a non working odo sensor).
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    A few updates. A couple of alloys were slightly bent causing a wee bit of wobbling. Replaced them and each costs 10990 bucks. Got the tyres swapped on to the new alloys at Madhus. got the wheel balancing and alignment done too.

New Alloy Wheels.jpg

Milestone

49000.jpg

Had to visit Coimbatore for a Friend's wedding on 5th March 2015. Left from office around 6 pm om 4th evening and drove via Mysore - Sathyamangalam route. On the way noticed that the car was wobbling even at 70 kmph and alignment also had gone awry. I had not checked post balancing and alignment as I had not used the car. Left with no choice drove at moderate speeds and reached Coimbatore by 1.30 am.

The first thing I did was to call Nikhil (Who owns Madhus) and inform him about the issue and asked for a good place to get balancing done. He shared a couple of shop names and off I went to get it fixed. Visit IPL stores in Coimbatore (the store houses a 3M car care too). Got the wheels balanced, alignment done and a wash too.

A pleasant surprise that the wheels were washed before alignment. A nice practice.

At Coimbatore.jpg

Road Force Balancing was available too.

Road Force.jpg

Post the balancing and alignment, the car was washed and I took for a test drive. Satisfied with the outcome, paid the bill and got back to the hotel.

After Reception, left Coimbatore by 9.10 pm and drove back in the same route and reached home by 2.35 am with a 10 mins windshield cleaning break and 15 tea break.

Mileage

Mileage.JPG
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Wow close to a huge number. The alloys did hurt you badly IMO, may be a stupid question but can we claim insurance for the alloys, I vaguely remember readily somewhere that the insurance claim was accepted.
    The amount of care you take for the car is truly amazing .
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  9. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The 50,000 kms milestone came up last month. Posting after quite a delay.

50000.jpg

Mileage Update:

The city runs, the mileage is dropping due to the rains and pathetic traffic conditions.

Mileage.JPG

The vacuum actuator hose for the turbo got cut and turbo boost beyond 2000 rpm was almost nil. Got the actuator assembly (comes along with the hose) replaced and the boost back.

The hose location is circled in red. Note, that the hose is already taken out.

Hose Cut.jpg
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations !!! 50k is a good number compared to the number of years you have owned it. I have taken a little inspiration from you and Arun who are big mile crunchers and have crossed the 5k mark in just around 2 months .
    arun_josie likes this.