1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

1. krishna,

Your thread should be published in the magazines like autocar/overdrive, this should act as eye opener for people who question relevance of FIAT brand.

-Sat
    2 people like this.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Posting this again as I have not received any inputs yet.

I have a K&N stock airfilter which I took from my friend, who changed his diesel punto to Tjet. Just thoroughly cleaned it and looking to plonk it in the Linea. Now the gurus please suggest if this is ok to done with the odo standing at 4000 kms?
  3. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Mileage Update:

13th Refill - 246 kms - 17.85 litres - 13.78 kmpl (finally breached the 13 kmpl barrier for city huh!)

Got the illuminated door sill plates installed on the car today. Cost Rs. 2,560/-

A few pics, Kindly excuse for the picture quality as it was taken with the mobile.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg
    5 people like this.
  4. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    First Service Update

Got the first service done.

Issues faced

1. Fog laps not aligned correctly.
    2. Creaking noise from the arm rest
    3. Water leakage in the boot (due to improper fitting done by the accessories guy. He has forgotten to seal the small hole made to pull the wires inside the boot)
    4. Boot Alignment.
    5. Wiper making noise during the last wipe.

Service work

Oil and oil filter to be replaced.

Issues Status

1. Fog laps not aligned correctly - fixed
    2. Creaking noise from the arm rest - fixed for now, need to see if it returns
    3. Water leakage in the boot (due to improper fitting done by the accessories guy. He has forgotten to seal the small hole made to pull the wires inside the boot) - Fixed. But the hole in the pocket due to the negligence of the accessories guys Rs. 157/-. I have passed the message on to the dealerships guys to look into this going forward.
    4. Boot Alignment - Fixed
    5. Wiper making noise during the last wipe - Fixed (wipers replaced under warranty, no questions asked)

Service Experience

I was given an appointment at 9 am. Luckily due to sparse city traffic I could reach the service center by 8.35 am. Service Adviser Surendra attended to me in a matter of 2 mins. Job card done, issues noted, the car was inside the bay for works. Promised time of delivery 3 pm. However, I requested them not to wash the car (which is anyways crappy work there at TATA service centers), the estimated delivery time was now much earlier. All issues were fixed, work done, billing done and I was out of the service center at 11.15 am. Quick work too. Could have been quicker if not for the water leakage in the boot.

Rating

Taken time to attend to me and prepare the job card - 10/10
    Work done - 10/10
    Billing process and time taken - 9.5/10
    Bill amount - 8.5/10 (Windshield washer and the oil replacement charges were unnecessary. Also the charges for fixing water leakage should have been zero)

Overall Rating - 9/10

Will I recommend Prerana Kudlu gate service center - Yes
    Will I recommend Service adviser Surendra - Yes

Observations after the service.

• The engine felt smoother, probably due to oil change.
    • The engine seems to have gone quieter too. Only the growl is present now.
    • The engine seems rev with a bit more eagerness. May be due to air filter being cleaned.

The total service cost Rs. 4,232/-. The cost break up.

1) Engine Oil Selenia WR 5W-40 - Rs. 2379.04/- (for 4 litres, have 800 ml spare for top ups if required)

2) Air filter element Diesel engine - Rs. 296.94/-

3) Oil Filter - Rs. 358.95/-

4) Oil Replacement labour charges - Rs. 425/- (is this chargeable? if not I will ask for refund)

5) Windscreen Wash fluid top up - Rs. 87.34/- (I believe this was unnecessary charge)

6) Emery Sheet 80 - Rs, 10.48/-

7) WD40 Anti-rust Spray - Rs. 36.85/- (Again unnecessary charge)

8) Other items - Rs. 109.17/- (The silicon sealant used to put up the leakage, the reason is stated below).

9) Wipers replaced under warranty - Rs. 0/-

10) Front Wheel alignment (check and Adjust) - Rs.0/-

Parts/Consumables - Rs. 3734.20/-
    Labour - Rs. 477.53/-

Total (rounded) - Rs. 4232/-.

Higher cost due to the below additional items

1) 800 ml additional oil - Rs. 475.84/-
    2) Additional Air filter - Rs. 296.94
    3) Water leakage repair cost - Rs. 156.51/-

Total - Rs. 929.29.

Actual first service inspection cost - Rs. 3302/-

A couple of pics from yesterday.

The driver seat covered with plastic to keep interiors clean.

2.jpg

The odo on the way back home.

4.jpg
    3 people like this.
  5. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Got the PPF installed on the ORVMs to keep it free from scratches which the two wheelers in Bangalore freely gift it to the cars .

The work was done from 3M HSR Layout.

The measurements being taken.

7.jpg

The boys started their work

5.jpg

Mr. Pradeep as usual inspecting the work to maintain top notch quality installation and service

6.jpg

The end result

8.jpg
    4 people like this.
  6. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    ^^^^^^^

How much it costs ?
  7. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    PPF costs around 600 or so per square feet. For the OVRMS it costs around 1400 bucks.

The illuminated door sills cost 2550 including installation charges. Please check if KHT can source it for you.
  8. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Completed another drive of 1866 kms. As always the Linea was fantastic in the twisties and the bad roads. More update coming soon.
  9. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The mileage update

14th Refill - 216 kms - 16.80 litres - 12.86 kmpl - Avg Speed - 19 kmph - IOCL - 100% City - 100% AC

15th Refill - 370 kms - 27.26 litres - 13.57 kmpl - Avg Speed - 22 kmph - BPCL - 80% city and highway 20% - 100% AC

16th Refill - 469 kms - 25.16 litres - 18.64 kmpl - Avg Speed - 56 kmph - IOCL - 80% highway and 20% choked roads - 100% AC

17th Refill - 239 kms - 15.98 litres - 14.96 kmpl - Avg Speed - 32 kmph - IOCL - 40% highway and 60% choked roads - 100% AC

18th Refill - 437 kms - 25.5 litres - 17.14 kmpl - Avg Speed - 44 kmph - IOCL - 75% highway and 25% choked roads - 100% AC

19th Refill - 297.2 kms - 18.5 litres - 16.06 kmpl - Avg Speed - 32 kmph - BPCL - 60% highway and 40% Ghat roads - 100% AC

20th Refill - 314.4 kms - 17.8 litres - 17.66 kmpl - Avg Speed - 51 kmph - BPCL - 80% highway and 20% Ghat roads - 100% AC

Am I happy with the mileage? Its a mixed bag, nothing wrong with the car, just that getting stuck at the wrong places most of the times.