1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    The seat height adjustment lever broke about a week back . I had to replace the seat height adjustment lever for two reasons, one obviously the seat height adjustment could not be done and the other being it used to hurt at the wrong place when getting in and out the seat :evilsmile

Broken Lever

Broken Lever.jpg

Broken Seat Belt Cover located a little behind the height adjustment lever which I observed when I went to pick up the parts.

Broken Seat belt cover.jpg

Picked up both the parts on Friday and it was a 2 mins job to fix these which I did myself. Hole in the pocket 115 bucks.
    2 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh your height adjustment lever also broke.
    I keep reading the lever is filmsy, I never felt so. It is perfectly working for me from last 5+ years.
    Yes location could have been better, as you tend to touch it each time you enter the car.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  3. nkrishnap

Linea 1.3
    I broke it due to my negligence. The laptop bag was stuck and i pulled it hard. End result the broken lever.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Glad that You got it fixed. :lol
  5. nkrishnap

Linea 1.3
    Mileage update:

109th Refill: 493.8 kms - 29.21 liters - 16.91 KMPL (MID 16.3 kmpl) - Average Speed 20 kmph - Rs. 63.41/- per litre from IOCL near RV College

Not sure for what reason, the MID is showing lower mileage. Filled from the same bunk, same pump and refueled the car to the brim myself. One of the reasons I can think of is, this might be due to the cruising at 60 kmph speeds for the last 20 odd kms.
  6. nkrishnap

Linea 1.3
    A two part update. The regular mileage and the puncture which got fixed over the weekend.

Mileage update:

110th Refill: 458.7 kms - 28.41 liters - 16.15 KMPL (MID 16.4 kmpl) - Average Speed 21 kmph - Rs. 63.44/- per litre from IOCL Woodlands.

Puncture Repair - Cost 170 bucks

The Tyre

Screw which caused the puncture

kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  7. nkrishnap

Linea 1.3
    2 Year Review - A long term report

Customary Milestone Picture
    41000 (Copy).jpg

Let me pen this down in the below order and some of it is repetitive from previous observations.

1. What I loved and loathe about the car
    2. How things have turned out
    3. Money matters

What I Love about the Linea
    • Looks good from any angle and the Bossa Nova White color suits the car quite well. I would not have picked the current Pearl White color, somehow dislike it
    • 16" Turbine blade alloy wheels with meaty 205 section tyres go well with the car, though it robs a bit of the performance
    • Ride, handling and stability quite good even with the raised suspension and slightly more body roll than the pre 2012 version.
    • Steering feedback and the steering wheel is perfect
    • Chiller AC
    • Light clutch
    • Comfortable front seats
    • Good quality High beam
    • The speed masking capacity is superb with good noise insulation inside the cabin.
    • Blue n Me is effortless to use
    • Hand rest is a boon on long drives.
    • Auto headlamps quite useful when entering the basements or tunnels.
    What I loathe about the Linea
    • No bottle holders in the car
    • Not so good brightness of the low beam, throw is decent once beams are adjusted accordingly
    • AC Blower is a little too noisy at full speed for comfort
    • The rain sensing wipers has a mind of its own and no option to disable it.
    • Atrocious audio quality from the stock speakers
    How things have turned out

The very first week hit the straps by taking the car out on a highway drive. From then on, the mile munching was quite high and the Linea did not disappoint. A view of how the odometer reading starting climbing up.

Odometer Kms Log.JPG

Monthly usage
    Kms by month.JPG

What the odometer reading does not highlight is the happy moments with the car. The numerous highway drives, the meet drives, solo drives, daily drives to office, be it any, the drive has always brought a grin on my face. The car has taken me safely and comfortably to many places, done its duty while carrying loads. The best of lot is, Linea got my newborn daughter home :)

Linea is serving me well though not without niggles, which have been documented in (link: http://teamfiat.com/threads/petrol-hatch-to-diesel-sedan.7687/page-33#post-841890575). I will document the ones faced recently.

Coolant leakage issue - http://teamfiat.com/threads/petrol-hatch-to-diesel-sedan.7687/page-37#post-841894745

Brake booster issue - http://teamfiat.com/threads/petrol-hatch-to-diesel-sedan.7687/page-38#post-841908018

Rear Suspension Bush issue - http://teamfiat.com/threads/petrol-hatch-to-diesel-sedan.7687/page-38#post-841906507

Broken Seat Height Adjustment lever - http://teamfiat.com/threads/petrol-hatch-to-diesel-sedan.7687/page-39#post-841911428

Pending issues/items

1. Seat squeaking noise - Need to get the seat rails replaced and I have not found time to get this fixed. I will get this fixed during the 45K service
    2. Windshield replacement due to scratches

Money Matters

The odometer currently stands at 41,112 kms, which approximately can be categorized into city, mixed and highway.

Odo Split.JPG

Fuel Costs - The Mulitjet has been fuel efficient more often than not. Fuel cost as on date is Rs. 137,764/-

Fueling Split.JPG

Mileage - City, Mixed (60% city and 40% highway) and highway

Average Speeds
    Average Speeds.JPG

Total Running cost has turned out to be Rs. 4.26/- per km. The cost is slowing going up with the diesel price hike
    Cost Per KM.JPG

Diesel price movement - ignore the spikes as these are refuels at Shell
    Diesel Price Movement.JPG

All costs incurred (as of today) from the date of purchase.

A few snaps of the car from the memory lane.
    2 (Copy).jpg

5 (Copy).jpg

IMG_9494 (Copy).jpg
    Linea 3 (Copy) (Copy).jpg

19 (Copy).jpg

_MG_4667 (Copy) (Copy).jpg

Linea 1 (Copy) (Copy).jpg

Sonmarg - Car2 (Copy).jpg
    5u3zEr0, Ravi, varunrtr and 4 others like this.
  8. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Awesome report Krishna!
    What app are you using which plots such a beautiful detailed graphs?
  9. nkrishnap

Linea 1.3
    I am using the MyCar Pro app to record all expenses and then export it to MS Excel to do the data analysis.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Where is the last 2 pics taken? Lovely place.
    Obviously nice data analysis done. U got alot of patience to keep track ;)