1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    A few updates after quite some gap, the odo milestone, mileage and a couple of niggles that are not sorted out yet.

38000 mark

38000.jpg

Mileage update:

101st Refill: 416 kms - 25.58 liters - 16.26 KMPL (MID 16.7 kmpl) - Average Speed 19 kmph - Rs. 60/- per litre from IOCL opposite to Woodlands hotel.

102nd Refill: 446.8 kms - 28.06 liters - 15.92 KMPL (MID 16.2 kmpl) - Average Speed 21 kmph - Rs. 60/- per litre from IOCL near RV College

103rd Refill: 204.8 kms - 13.34 liters - 15.34 KMPL (MID 15.8 kmpl) - Average Speed 18 kmph - Rs. 61.33/- per litre from IOCL opposite to Woodlands hotel.

Issues

1. Brakes feeling spongy - The brakes sort of becoming spongy and then rectifies itself. The brakes were bled and the issue still repeated. The brake booster needs to be changed.

2. Driver Seat Squeak - The driver seat squeaking which I have brought up with the service center. The seat rail component needs to be changed.

For both these issues I have not been able to make time and get these fixed. Hopefully will be getting it fixed it soon.
    3 people like this.
  2. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    A couple of updates.

The summer has been scorching this time in Bangalore. To make travel a little more comfortable in the car, decided to get the 3M RE 70 sun film for the sides. The windshield has a minor crack and few scratches. After I get it replaced will get the CR 70 for the front windshield.

Here's how RE - 70 looks

Sunfilm 2.jpg

Detailing 7.jpg

It was almost 4 months since the car saw a decent detailing session. Got the car detailed as well along with the sun film.

The end result

Detailing 6.jpg

Detailing 5.jpg

Detailing 4.jpg

Detailing 3.jpg

Detailing 2.jpg

Sunfilm 1.jpg

Detailing 1.jpg

Detailing 8.JPG
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    6 people like this.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Beautiful Pics!! Saw one sidewall puntcture in few of the pics. I got a few on my Tjet's NCT too during my recent trip to Hyd.
    I thought NCT's are not good. But here in your pics, Hankook have also a few.

What is your overall view on your hankook?
  4. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The puncture is not actually on the sidewall. Its at the edge of the thread patter where the sidewall starts. After the Punture fix, have not had any issues with it, even when ripping the tyres off at the karting track.

Here we go with my observations on the Hankook Ventus tyres after clocking 20,056 kms and compared to the Goodyear Eagle NCT5 tyres.

1. The sidewalls are strong and can take quite a bit of abuse. The tyres stood the test of bad stretches with ease.
    2. The tyres are quiet as compared to the Goodyear Eagle NCT 5. Though the tyre noise increases on concrete roads when the speeds are above 120 kmph, but nothing to really worry about and is again lesser than the Goodyear Eagle NCT 5
    3. The sidewalls being a lot stronger and harder compound makes the ride a bit stiff but still more comfortable than the Goodyear Eagle NCT 5. Another observation is that the ride gets better with the tyres warming up. The ride is a bit stiff when the tyres are cold. Takes about 10-15 kms for the tyres to warm up depending on the tarmac.
    4. The dry grip again is better than the Goodyear Eagle NCT 5.
    5. Wet grip is quite decent, however these are not a proper wet tyres (these are premium summer tyre).
    6. The thread pattern is aesthetically better than the Goodyear Eagle NCT 5.
    7. These tyres sort of being new entrants the cost of these tyres are quite less as compared to the Yokos and Michelin.
    8. Hankook tyres do not have manufacturer warranty, its the distributor/dealer warranty.
    9. The wear rate is quite good considering the tyres has been abused quite a bit with wheels spins and go kart track sessions. I see life of another 15,000 kms at the least. The key to extracting the max mileage out of the tyres is timely wheel balancing and alignment.
    10. Have had 3 punctures in the 20,000 kms. 2 punctures on a single tyre. But nothing has been to be worried about in case of the punctures.
    11. With the attributes of the tyre and its costs, I personally feel its worth the risk with respect to warranty. Warranty in any case is a gamble with tyres.
    1 person likes this.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    That was quite a detailed one nkrishnap!
    Appreciate the efforts you took to pen down it. :up
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Sun film?
    Arent they illegal?
  7. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes they are. However, the tints are quite light and it stays as visible as the stock glass and one can see the interiors without much issues.
  8. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The rear suspension was making a bit of squeaking noises and I knew it was time to get the bushes changed. With this in mind visited the FASS for the monsoon check up camp and also get the bushes checked. Apart from the regular monsoon camp checks, got the bushes checked too. On inspection, the bushes indeed had gone bust. Got them replaced, the fluid topped up and the under-body thoroughly washed. Did not opt for the body wash as it was already clean.

The pair of bushes cost Rs. 295/-

Here the pics of the bushes.

Old one

Old Bush (Copy).jpg

New One

New Bush (Copy).jpg
    2 people like this.
  9. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    A few updates after a few days gap.

1. Milestone - crossed 39000 mark on the odo.

39000.jpg

2. Mileage Update

104th Refill: 304.6 kms - 18.54 liters - 16.43 KMPL (MID 16.9 kmpl) - Average Speed 20 kmph - Rs. 61.94/- per litre from IOCL opposite to Woodlands hotel.

105th Refill: 469.7 kms - 30.86 liters - 15.22 KMPL (MID 15.7 kmpl) - Average Speed 19 kmph - Rs. 61.89/- per litre from IOCL near RV College

106th Refill: 414.7 kms - 17.73 liters - 23.39 KMPL (MID 23.8 kmpl) - Average Speed 56 kmph - Rs. 61.53/- per litre from IOCL Udupi.

107th Refill: 522.1 kms - 27.12 liters - 19.25 KMPL (MID 19.8 kmpl) - Average Speed 46 kmph - Rs. 61.89/- per litre from IOCL near RV College

3. Brake booster change

The long pending brake booster change finally completed last weekend. The brake bite is back the way when the car was new.

Brake Booster 1.jpg

Brake Booster 2.jpg

4. Highway drive update

The performed flawlessly during the drive past week to Udupi. The good roads, twisties, ghat roads and the drive did rejuvenate me from the boring home-office-home schedule.

There are two issues pending to be taken care. The seat squeaking issue and the Windshield change. Both will be taken care of during the 45K service or when I can get 3 days to spare without the car usage.
    1 person likes this.
  10. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    A few updates:

Milestone

40000.jpg

Mileage update:

108th Refill: 288.2 kms - 20.11 liters - 14.33 KMPL (MID 14.8 kmpl) - Average Speed 17 kmph - Rs. 62.80/- per litre from IOCL near RV College

The first error on the MID. The left parking light had conked off. The MID displayed the error message and I replaced the bulb. Picked up the bulb from a local spares store and it bulb cost me 8 bucks. Took me 10 mins to replace the bulb.

The error message and conked bulb image.

Error Light 1.jpg

Error Light 2.jpg

Error Light 3.jpg

Bulb.jpg
    2 people like this.