1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Got the car cleaned thoroughly inside out and got it waxed too, in preparation for the weekend drive. Replaced the air filter too as the conditions in Bangalore is pretty dusty.

Old (4150 kms) vs new.

yrany9ad.jpg

meja9u9a.jpg

Finally in its place.

aru3e4ub.jpg

The other stuff that I will be doing are all fluid level checks and top up if necessary. Replace the aging wipers with a new set.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I've always wondered how fiat manages to keep air filter change once a year.
    To be very honest blr is not the dustiest place in the country and yet these filters are doomed so soon what about the others..
    Krishna, if you still have the old filter can you post a pic of how dirty the veins are.

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  3. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I trashed the old air filter as cleaning it and keeping it made no sense. I would not push these air filters for more 5000 kms in Bangalore dusty conditions

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  4. dnyanesh666

dnyanesh666

Mumbai
    Goodness gracious!
    Doesn't look like 4150kms old at all. Mine get only slightly more dusty at 12-13k

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk
  5. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Mileage update:

94th Refill: 521.6 kms - 32.62 liters - 15.99 KMPL (MID 16.4 kmpl) - Average Speed 87 kmph - Rs. 58.76/- per litre from BPCL COCO - Maddur.

95th Refill: 522.9 kms - 29.40 liters - 17.79 KMPL (MID 18.1 kmpl) - Average Speed 42 kmph - Rs. 58.77/- per litre from HPCL - Bellary Main Road.
  6. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Visited Madhus on the way back from office for wheel balancing and alignment as the car had done close to 4000 kms and was having a wobble around the speeds of 90 kmph. Took about 30 mins and a 1000 bucks to get the work done. Had to change directions of two tyres and nitrogen refill increased the bill by around 250 bucks.

First a puncture scare

Puncture Scare.jpg

Before Road Force Balancing

Before.jpg

After Road Force Balancing

After.jpg

Alignment Report

Alignment Report.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  7. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    A small milestone of 35000 kms on the odo.

Customary Pic

35000 (Copy).jpg

Mileage update:

96th Refill: 418.1 kms - 22.63 liters - 18.48 KMPL (MID 18.8 kmpl) - Average Speed 38 kmph - Rs. 59.33/- per litre from BPCL Rajarajeshwarinagar
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  8. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    A two part update mileage and a new issue.

Mileage update:

97th Refill: 402.1 kms - 27.01 liters - 14.89 KMPL (MID 15.2 kmpl) - Average Speed 17 kmph - Rs. 59.38/- per litre from HPCL near CBI Road.

Issue

There is a minor coolant leak which is causing the coolant level to drop very slowly. Its losing around 100 ml or so in a week. Seems like the latch/clamp has gone lose or kaput. Will need to get this fixed.

Coolant Leak.jpg
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think that the coolant in mine is also leaking at this very spot. I will check in the morning and confirm. Mine is June 2010 model.
  10. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The thing is the coolant does not drip and fall on the floor, once the engine is warm, it gets dried. Unless you inspect the engine bay its very hard to find as the leakage is very slow.