1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Another small milestone during the past week.

33,000 kms mark on the odo.

33000.jpg

The driver seat has started to squeek a bit, need to get that fixed, hopefully in the coming week
    3 people like this.
  2. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Mileage update:

91st Refill: 330.6 kms - 23.89 liters - 13.84 KMPL (MID 14.2 kmpl) - Average Speed 19 kmph - Rs. 58.30/- per litre from IOCL - Lalbagh Road.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  3. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    A two part update on the car.

First Part - Seat Squeaking, Rattle from like the cabin light assembly and soft dead pedal issue.

Had an appointment booked at Vecto through the online app (found it a more convenient than talking to the lady behind the phone explaining its a running repair and not service :Frustrati)

1. Seat squeaking - The seat was removed and everything was checked. Anti rust sprayed on the seat rails. The seats were put back and the noise is gone for now. Lets see how long it is going to be that way with this fix.

2. Cabin light rattle - The cabin light assembly removed, the reverse camera light wiring was a little lose and was making weird noises. The wires were taped up and neatly placed along with the cabin light wires and put back. No more rattles now.

3. Soft Dead pedal - The center bessle ornament (whatever that is called) had one of clips not in place. This was making the dead go soft and not take the pressure of the foot. The clip was put back in place and it is now fixed. The clip picture is for demonstration from the spare part not the one in the car, the one in picture is from active not the emotion variant.

Clip 1.jpg

Clip 2.jpg

Clip 3.jpg

Second Part Update

The winter in Bangalore are quick dusty. The car was parked from Saturday night and there was dust film that had formed on the car. So used the two bucket method for a quick wash and used the Meguairs quick detailer first, then later thought a cool evening warranted a few more calories burnt. So applied the Meguiars tech wax 2.0

The end result of the effort.

Detailing 1.jpg

Detailing 2.jpg

Detailing 3.jpg

Detailing 4.jpg

Detailing 5.jpg

Decided to cover it up and use the bike for the next couple of days for the office run.

Final Cover uUp.jpg
    5 people like this.
  4. Can you post some highres pictures may be you can upload it to some photo sharing site and share link.Where did you buy Meguiars product?
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Sat, they are available from any 3M Car Care outlet.

In Chennai though, we have leads with the Megs/3M distributor itself. So, we directly go to the warehouse and purchase. Let me know if you are looking for something. :)
  6. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Photos of the Meguiars products? I will do it, once I get back home. I picked it up from the distributor. The ones available in 3M are sold at MRP and you will save quite a bit if you buy from the distributor. Will be soon picking up the glass cleaner concentrate and foam wash concentrate from the Meguairs/3M distributor. Currently he is on vacation, waiting for him to return :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    sat, have you looked at autofresh.in ?
    1 person likes this.
  8. I meant car paint surface picture.
  9. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    It would be dark by the time I go home. Will click pictures.tomorrow morning in case I can't take pictures today evening and upload them.

Any specific reason you ask the surface picture as not much can be made out from the pics. The surface is smooth and slippery after waxing.
  10. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Had an unplanned meet up with buddies for street side food in V V Puram today evening. Nice yummy food and on the return journey back home got this on the odo.
    apuzu2a8.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013