1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Mileage update:

89th Refill: 379.3 kms - 21.94 liters - 17.29 KMPL (MID 17.7 kmpl) - Average Speed 26 kmph - Rs. 57.69/- per litre from IOCL - Woodlands
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Can you post some details about the Gear and handbrake boot you got? Where they custom made? how is the boot attached to the existing steel ring? How much did it cost. Same questions for the handbrake boot.
  3. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Both the Gear boot and the hand brake bezzele were removed from its place. Took out the older material and the leather stuff was stitched and put on. On how it is fixed, there are grooves in the bezzele to have the leather fixed. The same was done to the hand brake too.

It costed me 1000 bucks to do this and got this done from Karlsson Leather.
    1 person likes this.
  4. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    An update after some time.

Firstly: Mileage update

90th Refill: 356.8 kms - 24.02 liters - 14.85 KMPL (MID 15.2 kmpl) - Average Speed 22 kmph - Rs. 58.30/- per litre from HPCL - near CBI Road.

Second Update:

Used the Meguiars quick detailer on the car and wax, the results after the efforts.

Detailing - 1.jpg

Detailing - 2.jpg

Detailing - 3.jpg

Detailing - 4.jpg

Detailing - 5.jpg

Third Update: A drive up to my friends farm near Doddaballapur. A Ninja 650 too accompanied us to the farm. Drove up to Thondebhavi and returned to the house for lunch. A Sunday morning well spent. Thanks Mohan for inviting me to your farm.

Morning Drive.jpg

N650 - 2.jpg

N650.jpg

Farm.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    11 people like this.
  5. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    The pictures seem to be like taken from page 1! Good to see the maintenance and care :)...I have two questions...1)Does Bnw tend to turn yellowish? I heard from dealer that only pearl white doesn't turn yellowish since it is metallic...Just want to know about it...2)I feel like the wheel arch is filled well with tyre...Is that a 60 profile tyre or GC downgrade or am I wrong here :)
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Hey krishna, you have got a nice companion to linea.
    BTW have you got installed the door visors from FIAT?
    Whats the price?
    Is there FIAT/Linea written on it?
  7. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Here we go with my answers.

1. I am not too sure about BNW turning yellowish. Actually not too BNW cars so cant really comment. But given the proper maintenance and care, the original should be retained as long as the good maintenance practices are followed.

2. Its the same stock size of 205/55 R16 with 185 mm ground clearance. Hankook Ventus (I am really happy for the performance of the tyre for the cost I had to bear)

Yes indeed, my other pal who owns the 650 too is waiting for the 1.6 Linea to give company to the 650.

The door visors were installed by the dealer during delivery. Not really sure if its OEM, but its quite sturdy and hard unlike the ones currently availalbe which isn't too dark or stiff, feels a lot filmsy. No, Linea is not written on it, but i will reconfirm again on this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I would answer this with a pic.

uploadfromtaptalk1386688472098.jpg

The one with red stripes is just few months old and shade is New Pearl White/Vocal White. Manufactured by mid 2013.

The one with black stripes is manufactured in Feb 2011 and shade is Bossa Nova White. You can see which one looks brighter. :)
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Thanks Driver.I have been waiting to see both the whites and as I expected BNW is better ! But still I have seen BNW turning into yellowish in car parking at my office and hence the question.May be it was due to improper maintenance.