1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    To answer first question in two parts

Part 1 - I do not wait till I hit the reserve light be it my car or bike. I have a habit of refueling after covering 200-300 kms at best. I know people who will tell me I will be carrying dead weight and reducing mileage, but to me this method has served me well, especially when I plan to drive out the car unexpectedly.

Part 2 - All numbers that are posted here are tankful to tankful methods only, just that the distance covered varies as to where I am refueling.

On the second question, I post these mileage values to document the FE under various conditions, thats the reason the distance, fuel consumed, average speed and where it was refueled from is also noted.

Another reason for the shorter distances is due to the quality of fuel available in the city and the places elsewhere I generally travel. It has turned out better to fuel at known stations than unknown ones. This has contributed to refilling at a particular station rather than the distance already driven from the previous refuel.

Hope this answers your query.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thanks Krishna for the reply. Fair logic.
  3. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Milestone Update with a customary pic

28000.jpg

Approaching the 30,000 kms service. Will book for service online.
    6 people like this.
  4. rohit tunga

rohit tunga Amatore

Bangalore
    Nice Krishna :)

Always feel happy when owners start to make full use of car's potential.

Btw, any issues to be addressed for the upcoming service ?
  5. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, the Linea loves the highways. The more you clock the better it gets.

Issues as such, couple of minor ones.

1. The front left suspension squeaks while turning and riding over a pothole.

2. During the speaker upgrade and rewiring I dropped the front right door panel which broke a couple of clips. Need to replace those to get rid of the mild rattle over bad roads.

Apart from these, it's running perfectly fine.

Sent from my GT-N7000
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Mileage Update:

80th Refill: 341.3 kms - 22.46 liters - 15.20 KMPL (MID 15.1 kmpl) - Average Speed 22 kmph - Rs. 56.10/- per litre from HPCL - Bellary Main Road
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    i'm curious seeing your avg speed. how come its always beyond 17kmph ?
    Mine never goes beyond 15kmpl.
    Do you drive in the city or not? :confused:
  8. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I do drive inside the city, but certain times its at odd hours which is helping the avg speed to be slightly higher. Also when the signals are beyond 120 seconds I turn off the car. So that is also contributing to show the higher average speed.

Early to office and early to exit office also is helping a bit.
    2 people like this.
  9. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Third Free Service update - 30,000 kms

The 3rd free service was booked a couple of weeks back as the car's odo neared 29,500 kms. This service was sort of a detailed one with all the fluids in the car to be changed and a few issues to be attended.

The issues that needed to be addressed during the service.

1. The suspension noise, a random noise that appears occasionally when the steering is turned to either ends and the car going on a pothole.
    2. The door would not unlock using the key. The remote was just working fine.
    3. A couple of small door rattles that had cropped up after the drive up north.
    4. Replace the ORVMS mirrors as they had fine scratches which affected the visibility at night.

The service advisor assigned was Mr. Amaresh. I had an appointment at 9 am, however was attended to at 9.30 am. Giving the benefit of doubt for now to the service advisor as he is very new in the system.

The list of things that would be done on the 30,000 kms service are

1. Engine oil change
    2. Oil Filter Change
    3. Air filter change
    4. Fuel Filter change
    5. A/C Filter change
    6. Brake Fluid change
    7. Gearbox Oil Change
    8. Coolant Change
    7. Brakes checking and adjustment.
    8. Standard Checks

Opted out of the wash, wheel balancing and alignment.

Observations post the 30,000 kms service.

1. With the all the fluids changed and the brakes cleaned. The car feels so much smoother with the engine revving freely. Credit to the new air filter and the fresh engine oil.
    2. The rattles were fixed to satisfaction. Need to observe for how long it stays that way.
    3. ORVMs changed as per request.
    4. The door lock issue was fixed. Now able to lock and unlock using the key apart from the report.

A few things that could have been better.

1. Noting the seat position (a process followed during the 15,000 kms service) was not followed.
    2. The vehicle was ready by 3 pm and I reached the service center at 3.45 pm after having gone out for lunch.
    3. The service advisor was supposed to have got the bill/invoice ready by then, but it wasn't. The SA was held up with other car delivery after service.
    4. The bill was finally ready and paid up by 5.30 pm. A good hour delayed with the bill being generated and the gate pass issued. Though I used this time to get into negotiation for the pricing for my friend's Linea, this bottleneck of billing delays need to be eliminated.

Overall Rating: 8.5 out of 10. Knocking off 1.5 simply for the delay in billing.

Bill Amount break up.

Total Parts and consumables - Rs. 7,105
    VAT and Taxes - Rs. 1,030

Total - Rs. 8,136

The bill is attached for reference.

Service Bill - Page 1.jpg

Service Bill - Page 2.jpg

The 30,000 km milestone.

30000.jpg
    3 people like this.
  10. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Mileage Update:

81st Refill: 343.2 kms - 20.73 liters - 16.56 KMPL (MID 16.9 kmpl) - Average Speed 29 kmph - Rs. 56.10/- per litre from HPCL - Bellary Main Road

After the run spirited run I had yesterday ;)

82nd Refill: 177.7 kms - 13.36 liters - 13.30 KMPL (MID 13.7 kmpl) - Average Speed 32 kmph - Rs. 56.10/- per litre from IOCL - Woodlands.
    1 person likes this.