1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @krishna,

Does this strip do add any other value apart from aesthetics?

If i am not wrong, the side fiber plastic strip on the doors not only adds a aesthetics looks but also provide a damage protection to doors.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    None apart from aesthetics. I dont think this plastic strip has any ability to protect against even the slightest of damages.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    What i had been informed was that if an adjacent car opens the door and if it touchs your car doors, the first thing the that door will come in contact (more likely) is this plastic strips. That way the body of the door remains undamaged from scratches or dents.
  4. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    You are confusing yourself with various materials available to protect door edges. PPF, door protector plastics. But chrome strip is not used as the door protector.
  5. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Mileage Update:

77th Refill: 268.1 kms - 19.75 liters - 13.57 KMPL (MID 13.9 kmpl) - Average Speed 15 kmph - Rs. 56.10/- per litre from HPCL - Bellary Main Road

78th Refill: 634.9 kms - 29.89 liters - 21.24 KMPL (MID 21.7 kmpl) - Average Speed 57 kmph - Rs. 56.63/- per litre from IOCL - Shimoga

79th Refill: 319.1 kms - 16.06 liters - 19.91 KMPL (MID 20.5 kmpl) - Average Speed 61 kmph - Rs. 56.10/- per litre from IOCL - Woodlands
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Krishna,

I can see that most of your refills are not complete tank fulls. Any particular reason for not refueling the tank full? This way of calculating the average is incorrect IMO.
  7. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry for asking this, how did you arrive at my refills where not tankfulls? Based on your assumption made, I can clarify the refills that I have posted.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    As you say maybe my assumption was wrong. I got it now. What you mentioned is for eg on 77th Refill you topped up the tank and for 268 kms it consumed 19.XX litres giving you an avg of 13.9 kmpl. Is this right understanding. I did not read in between the lines actually.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  9. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ You got it correct now. All the refills are tankful to tankfulls. I do not follow the partial refills
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    That brings to my next question - How much kms did you drive for a single tankful and what were the mileages achieved?

Sorry for a noob question: Whats the idea behind the mileage values mentioned at every tankfill.