1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    With the tyres already covering 8148 kms, headed to Madhus (Langford Road) after slipping away from office a little early.

A couple of pics with the road force balancing with the before and after comparison.

20130819_183723.jpg

Alignment Report

20130819_185753.jpg

I was out in 40 mins with both the balancing and alignment done to satisfaction as it has been with Madhus.
  2. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    My Opinion - Best VFM 16 inch Tyres out there...

I got to drive nkrishnap's linea for almost 150 kms the other TFI meet day and was really surprised about the ride quality of these tyres compared to the much much costlier yokos and michelins.. This is the best VFM 16 inch tyres for sure... PERIOD!!
  3. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Mileage Update:

74th Refill: 209.1 kms - 16.06 liters - 13.02 KMPL (MID 13.3 kmpl) - Average Speed 12 kmph - Rs. 55.49/- per litre from HPCL - Bellary Main Road.
  4. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Swapped the bulbs on the Linea from Osram Silverstar to Osram NightBreaker Plus. A few pics.

The H7 for low beam and H1 for high beam

H7 and H1 bulbs.jpg

H7 and H1 bulbs2.jpg

The Osram Silverstar vs Osram NightBreaker Plus

SS vs NB.jpg

The end result with these bulbs on the Linea

With NB.jpg

PS: I was very much happy with the Osram Silverstar bulbs. Just changed these to Osram Nightbreaker Plus on experimental basis.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  5. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Wow... looks posh! Is there a need to add a cut out for these bulbs or is it just plug n play ??
  6. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    You dont need a cut out or relay if the wattage is same. If the wattage is same, then its just plug and play.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Is the Silverstar more yellowish unlike the NB+?

I am using NB+ for the last 2 years but not at all happy about it.
  8. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Silverstar is as good as OEM but a lot brighter and retains the yellowish like the OEM bulbs.

Can you elaborate on this? Are you not happy about it in the rain or fog? What is it that you are not happy about? Curious to know this.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It is an absolute crap in the rain. I feel as if there is no light in my car. Otherwise, under normal conditions it is still better than the stock.
    1 person likes this.
  10. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Mileage Update:

75th Refill: 227.1 kms - 17.54 liters - 12.95 KMPL (MID 13.2 kmpl) - Average Speed 15 kmph - Rs. 56.05/- per litre from BPCL - RR Nagar.

On the night breaker plus, got to drive it in rain over the weekend. The low beam needs to be complimented with the foglamps, else its pretty useless. However the highbeam is quite good and does brings about response from the oncoming traffic.

During dry weather, it makes a good choice.