1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

  1. nkrishnap

    nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

    Messages:
    1,900
    Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Currently for this set of tyres I am not looking at comfort at all. Want decent grip in dry and wet condition, and can handle rough terrain. All this is fuss about tyre change is because I am driving to Leh next Friday.

    I was never happy with Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 right from the beginning. Wanted to change right after delivery but the budget did not permit it. Currently 70% of the current life of the Goodyear is exhausted and the remaining 30% of the tyre life will not suffice the 9000 kms trip to Leh.

    So looking at Hankook for two reasons, one for being a harder compound and the other being its quite cheap currently compared to Bridgestone, Michelins, Yokos.
  2. theblack

    theblack Esperto

    Messages:
    2,188
    Bangalore
    Awesome,
    In that case look at "goodyear eagle F1 asymmetric 2"

    If i enter a scenario where i have to change my MA-Z1 soon then i this will be my pick

    - - - Merged Post - - -

    2nd choice "hankook ventus S1 evo2"
    Both are really good and hankook is also quiet .
    All the best
    and check your PM
    [h=1][/h]
  3. nkrishnap

    nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

    Messages:
    1,900
    Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Though this is available in 205/55 R16 size, somehow do not like the way the tyre looks :p

    Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 2 is not available in 205/55 R16 size. The one available is Ventus V12 K110 which has higher speed rating as well as load rating.

    Check your PM mate :)
  4. theblack

    theblack Esperto

    Messages:
    2,188
    Bangalore
    Why 16" do you already have 16" rims?
    If you have plans of buying 16" rims then my only suggestion is please think it out well. Leh is really not a good place for 16" rims.
    Barring that , indian conditions are not suited for 16" on a whole.
  5. nkrishnap

    nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

    Messages:
    1,900
    Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I have the 2012 Emotion Variant which came with the Turbine Blade alloys. So only swapping tyres for now. I fully agree with you that our roads more so damn Bangalore roads are not good for 16 inchers or low profile tyres. Thinking if 60 profile might help, but choice is very limited in 16 inchers.
  6. I heard Apollo has come with a new tire,They too are hard compound tires.
  7. nkrishnap

    nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

    Messages:
    1,900
    Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Apollo? Which one? Any leads on this?
  8. kedarbendre

    kedarbendre Esperto

    Messages:
    4,215
    MH 12
    Its 4G tyres from Apollo.
  9. nkrishnap

    nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

    Messages:
    1,900
    Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Mileage Update:

    53rd Refill:
    288.2 kms - 20.73 liters - 13.90 KMPL (MID 14.1 kmpl) - Average Speed 16 kmph - Rs. 55.39/- per litre from IOCL - Opposite to Woodlands hotel.
  10. nkrishnap

    nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

    Messages:
    1,900
    Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Got the tyres swapped to Hankook Ventus V12 K110 with inputs from the tyre experts. Nikhil needs a special mention in narrowing down to this choice based on my requirements, Thanks a ton Nikhil.

    The tyres racked up.

    Tire Rack.jpg

    Hankook Ventus.jpg

    The old Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 being removed from the rims.

    Old Tyre Removal 1.jpg

    Old Tyre removal 2.jpg

    The unused spare Goodyear Eagle NCT 5

    Old unused GT3.jpg

    The Hankooks being put on the alloy wheel.

    Hankook On rims.jpg

    The Wheel ready with Hankook Ventus V12.

    Tyre Ready with Hankook.jpg

    Initial observations after driving around 40 odd kms.

    1. The ride seems a lot better than Goodyears though Hankook being a harder compound tyres. But the Yokohama AVS DB or the Michelin PLC ride quality will be way better for sure.
    2. The sidewall is quite thick and presume it to be quite tough.
    3. The road noise seems a lot lesser than Goodyears, but not as silent as the Yokohama AVS DB or the Michelin PLC

    Disclaimer: These are solely my observations and it can differ from others.

    Cost:

    Hankooks - 6500 odd a piece (give or take a couple of hundreds here and there)
    Buy back Old unused Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 - 6000

    Total cost: (6500 * 5) - 6000 = 26500/-

    Disposing off the used Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 with around 5-7k kms life left to recover some of the cost.
    1 person likes this.

Share This Page