1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Another mileage upate:

45th Refill: 196.2 kms - 13.18 liters - 14.89 KMPL (MID 15.2 kmpl) - Average Speed 23 kmph - Rs. 57.50/- per litre from Shell.

I had visited the Vecto service center to pick up the 2 steel wheels for my palio. Got the Windshield spray adjusted and the AC Filter cleaned up since I felt AC not being that effective. The new type (paper filter) does good job of keeping the dust away, but gets clogged easily and would require cleaning quite frequently depending on how dusty the conditions are.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So the older paper or pollen filter is back?
    This was pretty good, yes bit less effective in AC chilling, but much better in all other respect.
  3. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, its back and thats the reason you see for the increased cost in replacing the AC filter. The wire mesh one costed around 70 bucks and the paper one costs about 200 bucks (not too sure about the exact price). Not that this is paper filter is too costly, I would opt for the paper one anyday to keep the dust away from inside the car.
    2 people like this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi Krishna

Im planning to go for Madhus tomorrow, Rs. 690 charged for you was including Alignment? Since alignment charges were not mentioned and what was the discount of Rs.141 in bill?

Thanks,
    Sunil

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. raj29

raj29 Superiore

I guess that was a special discount for Krishna ?? May be Krishan can share the trick with us too so that i can use it next time around or take Krishna along with me next time:)
    I went to Madhus and was charged 850 but didnt get any discounts!!
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

That discount is for members of the definitive forum, folks. You can see that mentioned in Krishna's bill.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
  8. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The discount is for being a member of teambhp. I will have a word with Nikhil and if this discount can be made applicable to TFI as well. But its again the numbers to see some benefit by way of discounts for TFI members.

No special discount or anything. Nikhils knows I am a member of teambhp as well, so he voluntarily gives discount without asking :p

You have really got a very sharp eye and you guessed it right.
  9. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Finally got rid of the right door rattle due the tweeter becoming loose. The Vecto guys fixed it quickly.

Another weird issue has cropped up. The subwoofer box is creating a clank sort of sound when going over humps. Initially thought it was the rear struts, but it was not the case. Wondering how do I fix this.
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
  10. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    A friend of mine had the same issue with his city, he got a thermocol base put in to cushion the woofer box and that stopped the clanking..

Just a thought that this might help ...
    1 person likes this.