1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Got this one the odo on the way to office today.

IMG_20130215_085528.jpg

Forgot to post about the filter. Opened up the airfilter box to see what is the status of the K&N air filter after 5K kms. The filtering seems to be quite good as this is a stock replacement filter.

IMG_20130215_085953.jpg

Ran the fingers around the intake manifold entry, did not find any dust or soot sort of thing, so believe, the K&N is doing a decent job. But air entry to the airfilter box was dirty and the bottom of the K&N airfilter seems clogged too.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  2. How much you paid for K&N filter. I am also planning to change for my car during second service
  3. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I did not pay a single rupee as I got this from my close pal's punto. He sold the Punto and got Tjet.
    2 people like this.
  4. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Got this on the trip this weekend. The odo currently stands at 13,508 kms.

13000.jpg
  5. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I have put a travelogue from the last week's trip to Thirunelly.

Here we go with the link
  6. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Forgot to post one more update. The car had the first puncture yesterday while returning from Munnar near Bannari. A screw (about 1 inch) had done the damage on the right rear tyre. But the pressure did not drop much. Got that repaired in Chamarajanagar and it costed 120 bucks.
  7. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    FE update:

32nd Refill - 293 kms - 19.80 litres - 14.80 kmpl - Avg Speed - 22 kmph

33rd Refill - 378 kms - 20.50 litres - 18.44 kmpl - Avg speed - 68 kmph

34th Refill - 316 kms - 20.87 litres - 15.14 kmpl - Avg Speed - 23 kmph

35th Refill - 333 kms - 19.41 litres - 17.18 kmpl - Avg Speed - 43 kmph

Was hearing a bit of weird noises which was sounding like rattles which was very irritating for the past couple of days. Finally traced it to the sun glass holder where my wife had forgotten the goggles. Phew!! the rattle like noise is gone for good.
    2 people like this.
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Have you noticed any change in performance after switching to stock replacement K&N?
  9. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    To be honest not much of difference. Although one noticeable difference is that the revs build up a bit better than the stock foam/paper air filter. However, the mileage seems to be more or less very similar to the stock filter numbers. For the asking price of K&N, not much of a worthy investment. The stock air filter (cleaned every 2.5-3K kms) should make the car perform similar to the what the car would do with the stock replacement K&N.

By the way switched back to stock air filter.
  10. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Went out for a drive early today morning to check how wifey is doing with her training classes. Drove till Kamat near Chikkaballapur and back.

A customary pic from the drive.

20130303_071828 (Copy).jpg

The mileage from the very sedate drive. The Range was showing over a 1000 kms

20130303_091448 (Copy).jpg

20130303_091456 (Copy).jpg

Wish this could be the mileage for every highway drive and wifey saying boring to drive (after she completely learns driving). :evilsmile
    4 people like this.