1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PETROL Hatch to DIESEL Sedan - Now Wolfed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Got this on the odo today on the way back from office.

11111.jpg

The ICE is upgraded too. A detailed post will follow soon.
    5 people like this.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    looking at the CF vinyl you did for your pillars, i bought some good thick CF vinyl n wrapped mine too a couple of days back....looks damn good ;) cost < 200 bucks !!
    thanks for the tip :)
    Damn the mobile clarity !!!
    (R)Photo4.jpg
    (R)Photo07.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Krishna, seems like 3M has silently increased the prices for vinyls, matt black, gloss black and CF by leaps and bounds.

The price is no more by measurement but by car category, small, medium, large and the area to be wrapped, roof, hood, etc.

A gloss black vinyl for the roof costed 3-4k last year and now its ridiculously priced at 10k. Dropped the idea of getting it done at 3M then and there.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Visiting 3M for Vinyl stickers is a rip off. Recently when enquired, they quoted @ 1.5k just for the wiper area. 3M charges some where @300-350 / sqft. It is better to get it done at local shops
  5. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, the 3M products are overpriced. However, one can have piece of mind with respect to quality of material and quality of workmanship. I guess 3M is going the Toyota Way of milking its cash cow products.

It sounds like a rip off because, the waste of the material is included in the price of 350/sft too. I know its ridiculous, but thats the guidelines from the company.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    There are 2 varieties of 3M vinyl. One is the Di-Noc and the other is 1080 ScotchPrint. Di-Noc is specifically recommended for use in Architectural application, whereas 1080 is specifically meant for Automotive use. 1080 costs US $ 185 for 60 sqft.
    Add to that shipping and possibly customs, you will be looking at US $ 300 approx. That would convert to US $ 5 per sqft. or INR 269.25 per sqft. Add to that labour and dealer margin and you get the numbers quoted by 3M. 60 sqft would suffice for the whole car.</SPAN>

However, the sad part is none of the 3M outlets in Bangalore have even heard of 1080. Most of them did not know about Di-Noc either, but had this 3M branded vinyl in stock. nkrishap is right in saying that the cost includes wastage and that is the way it would be, no matter where you buy. 3M’s quality is undoubtedly world class, but quality of workmanship is not the same in every outlet. Even nkrishnap’s Linea, where he got the B pillar edges of the doors done, one can see a small area left uncovered and to me, that would be unacceptable.</SPAN>

For people looking for smaller areas to cover (excluding the roof / bonnet), importing 3M 1080 from the US in lesser area options, say 20 sqft or 30 sqft and then doing a DIY or getting it done by a local sticker shop would prove very cost effective.

Rajan</SPAN>
    2 people like this.
  7. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Mileage Update:

29th Refill: 349.4 kms - 24.29 litres - 14.38 kmpl - Avg speed - 18 kmph

With another round of highway trips coming in, the 15k marks seems so near :)
  8. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Got the ICE upgraded on the Linea the past week and the dampening done today.

The ICE components that went in are

1. ARC KS6006 6.5" component speakers
    2. Cerwin Vega HED 525 5.25" rear speakers
    3. Cerwin Vega HED 600.4 4 channel amplifier
    4. High quality input wiring + amp + speaker cabling
    5. Door damping with 3M door dampening material
    6. Cerwin Vega HED 124 12" inch subwoofer + box

A few pictures for the ICE upgrade. Excuse for the picture quality as all of these were shot with mobile.

The stock speaker and plastic dampening.

1.jpg

Door panels removed and kept aside

2.jpg

Fuse Box

3.jpg

Head unit. Made by Delphi.

4.jpg

The stock ones are stripped down.

5.jpg

Stock speakers

7.jpg

Rings being cut.

8.jpg

ARC Components

9.jpg

Cross over unit.

11.jpg

Dampening mats installation

10.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Will post the sub-woofer pics as the ones I have currently clicked is not worthy posting it right away.

The stock ICE was not short of outright crap. With this set up, the ICE feels far better to the ears.

PS: The moment the interface for Blue n Me is available to map it up to After market Head units, the stock one will be simply thrown out immediately.
    5 people like this.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for the detailed pics!! :up So how much did the door dampening cost?
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3