1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Petrol-Diesel pricing is free from Govt control now

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Ravi, Jun 25, 2010.

1. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur

Ravi,

I"ve categorically mentioned "by lowering the taxes to a acceptable level " , don't you feel 60% tax on fuel is too high , when the inflation rate at such high levels how's Pranab going to lower it with these ever rising fuel prices ?

There needs a correction in policies , the loss in revenues ( by lowering tax on fuel ) can be adjusted in many other ways , which will not hamper the common man directly--- that's my point.

Atul
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ravi why not Govt reduce their expenditure rather than squeezing from poor citizens. Just have a look at the facilities being provided for an MP or MLA. There are crores being wasted as their expense. This is just one example. There are 100s of similar things. Why the burden only to common tax payers ?
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very difficult to do.
    Very easy to do.
  4. I agree Gurji but wanted to know one thing.. according to reports oil companies are at a loss of over 70K crores.

Couldnt this loss be averted if they had taken decisions many years back rather than doing the same now and putting ordinary people into hardships.
  5. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
  6. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    Shucks :-(
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    In that case diesel will cost more than petrol in Goa:evilsmile
    6 people like this.
  8. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    He he he (no offense to diesel car owners)...if this happens in 2013 then I will stop blaming myself for chosing a petrol Punto over diesel Punto when I bought my 1.2!! And also will stop planning or at least delay my plans to buy a 90HP!!
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i should start planing to shift to some arab nations !!
    1 person likes this.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Let's see when and if that happens. The decision will lie with the political bosses, not the Secretary.

10 rupees can easily upset the entire agrarian economy + food security and what not, so definitely there is a lot more thought to be put in before doing so.

Enjoy the cars in the meantime :up
    1 person likes this.