1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Petrol-Diesel pricing is free from Govt control now

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Ravi, Jun 25, 2010.

1. +1 sushil
    increase in diesel price=increase in inflation=increased cost of living=crisis=bandhs/dharna=more problems to common man=more fun for the politicians
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Seems like i'll have to install a diesel engine in my Bullet. And keep the petrol engine in our drawing room. :p

Jokes apart, where are fuel prices headed to? What about the ''aam aadmi'' (common man)?

Even the Yanks are paying close to $4 for a gallon of ''gasoline'' nowadays.

Gurjinder.
  3. Petrol prices likely to decrease in next few weeks by Rs 1.5 to 2 per liter

After a series of hikes in the price of petrol in recent past, the government of India seems to have decided to give some relief to the vehicle owners in the country. The government of India is working towards decreasing the price of petrol by Rs 1.5 to 2 per liter.

The high fuel prices, which have surged by as much as 50 percent in last two years, has spoiled the high growth momentum of the Indian auto market with buyers delaying or canceling their decision of purchasing a new vehicle. The Indian automobile industry has now become an important contributor in the GDP growth of the country and as the skyrocketing fuel prices have decreased the auto industry growth figures substantially, the government has been forced to look into the pricing once again.

One more reason why government is considering decreasing the fuel price is because of a steep fall in the crude oil price in the international market. The price of crude oil stood at $82 a barrel in the international market, the lowest in last 9 months. A fall in crude oil price directly converts into the decline in the cost of fuel on the market.

The decrease in the fuel price could take place in next few weeks as the government looks to offer some relief to the Indian vehicle owners who have been struggling with increased fuel prices for a long time now.

Courtesy:

http://www.cartradeindia.com/car-bi...ew-weeks-by-rs-1-5-to-2-per-liter-114212.html
  4. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I won't hold my breath for it to happen. If you read the govt. brief carefully, it says that they would consider it only if the crude oil prices were to hold below US$80 for some period. Don't see that happening right now.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads merged. Please search before creating new thread.
  6. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Own a Linea TJet+.

Already looks like its a luxury with cost of petrol & EMI.
  7. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    I need to check if Fiat can extend the 'up-gradation to Diesel offer' i.e. replacing my 1.2 Fire with 1.3 MJD? ;)
  8. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    @nmp Good one...
    Don't want to scare you all, but I have heard from one of the owners of petrol pump that the rates will go upto Rs. 85 in some time. While I was buying my car and was confused about petrol Or diesel version, he said that even if your running is only 400 KM's per month go for diesel, petrol is not worth.
    I hope they don't increase the diesel rates though.