1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Petrol-Diesel pricing is free from Govt control now

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Ravi, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Re: Diesel prices decontrolled

but if diesel and petrol cars are priced same , ppl shud prefer diesel considering that diesel engines give better mileage than petrol engines.
  2. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Completely agree with VP sir, sales count for diesel vehicles will come down drastically. Still most of the people has misconception that diesel engines needs more maintenance.
  3. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger

but if diesel and petrol cars are priced same , ppl shud prefer diesel considering that diesel engines give better mileage than petrol engines.
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I doubt. Not so soon at least since diesel is also used by trucks and this will result in HUGE increase in prices of every commodity and that's the kind of unpopularity no government can afford.

There is some talk on lump sum duty being levied on diesel cars to discourage people from buying them. This lump sum duty will probably depend on the price of the car.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Oops. Thats the confusion. You meant similar prices of Cars & I presumed similar prices of fuel.

BTW, if Diesel (fuel) prices increases & reach similar to Petrol (fuel) prices, how will it help manufacturers to reduce prices of diesel cars? Diesel car prices are higher than petrol cars not because of fuel prices but because of engine & components involved incl turbo.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I agree with amit. I do not see Diesel fuel prices skyrocketing matching Petrol prices. The gap might narrow though.

Govt's biggest resistance of increase in fuel prices is due to the reason mentioned by amit - it directly results into higher inflation due to higher cost of transportation of foods, commodities & everything due to trucks running on diesel.
  7. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

8. anand3636

anand3636 Amatore

Cochin (KL - 44)
    One important reason for the price difference of petrol and diesel is the central excise,taxes and other levies are different for petrol and diesel.
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    :-D No. I am a Civil Engineer working in IT field :wink:
  10. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras

well guys, don't expect the price of diesel to go up, to match the price of petrol. It will not happen at least for the next few years. Remember, diesel is the lifeline of our country and even a slightest increase in the price would adversely affect the country's economy.