1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Petrol-Diesel pricing is free from Govt control now

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Ravi, Jun 25, 2010.

1. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    what the hell! This will lead to inflation in other commodities as well :( I hate this country. Whatever you earn you will never get to enjoy.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Similar threads merged.
    1 person likes this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Dont worry folks .. the only things that happen really quickly here are
    1.) Crime against women
    2.) Blame game in politics
    3.) Destruction of evidence in any high profile cases

So this thing will take its owwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn sweeeeeeeeeeeeet time
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Why Arab nations. Come to Goa . We need more volunteers to conduct Goa meet. :)
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I seriously doubt about the price hike, that too before 2014 elections. These are just plans, nothing will be implemented with immediate effect. On the other hand if it does gets implemented, I can look out for a T-jet or an S10.
    2 people like this.
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    The report says the hike will be of Rs.10 in 10 months time. That's called slow poison :). The government has become wise now. Instead of the last time when they hiked diesel prices by Rs.4 they will now raise it slowly through out the year so people don't realise the impact.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That is exactly the plan it seems.

"Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday made a strong case for “phased” hike in prices of petroleum products, coal and power as they are “underpriced” warning that failure to control subsidies would lead to cut in plan expenditure.

Unfortunately, energy is underpriced in our country. Our coal, petroleum products and natural gas are all priced well below international prices. This also means that electricity is effectively underpriced, especially for some consumers."

Full news - The Hindu : Business News : Manmohan hints at "phased" hike in petroleum products prices

Well, I can't comment on the prices of coal and natural gas but, I doubt if the statement made by our PM about the petroleum products is true.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I think diesel price hike will happen for sure in the near future. Even if there are protests, they all will die down less than in a month's time. See how it happened last time when they increased diesel prices and capped the LPG cylinders at 6 per annum per family. There will be some other issues or controversy that can quickly distract public and media attention. After all, all issues are retained in public attention by mass media, right? They can make and kill issues and protests in no time!
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Totally agree. People's memory is short lived. See how the Government transferred the rape victim out of India.
  10. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    There is one positive though ;) ... My MJD will get to drink from Shell, if this happens :cool: The price difference will become non-existent.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012