1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Peted, K&Ned, 1,76,000 Kilometers completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by epicenter, Jun 11, 2010.

1. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    Re: Peted, K&Ned, 22K Kilometers, 4 Months

@ fiat yamaha..
    thanx for the compliments...
    took a pic of the front and the rear (with lights on) in the afternoon...was just a bit cloudy though the sun was out.
    didnt have anybody around to help push the brake pedal so u'll have to make do with the indicators and the tail lamps.
    hope these help.

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg
  2. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

hEADLIGHTS NOT BLACKENED ????????
  3. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

in due course of time my friend !!! everything done at once doesnt quite add up to the joy of doing it in installments. you cherish it more and its priceless!!!
    will do it when i put the linea side trims onto the punto :D
  4. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore

Hey thanks for the pic ::T

And you did not reply as How was the smoke job done....?

Was it covered with TINT or paint job? if paint what its called as(Paint Name)?
  5. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

drat!!! forgot about it...its a special paint and not a tint!! this is a fully professional job. will get back with the details of the paint asap!!
  6. tom

tom

Ahmedabad

Amazing thread... I have been hooked onto it for quite some time now. Got to know from Pushkar that you have abandoned your Bullet for the Punto!! :)
    I am all eyes and ears for you amazing mods! Way to go! \m/
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Epcenter,

One of our members had enquired why you had not darkened your headlights?

This is my personal opinion. I am against the idea of modification such as darkening the headlights and taillights as they are all part of functional critical components that are required for self, oncoming and following traffic. Road manners, is respecting the rights and responsibilities of all road users. Even the most sporting OE cars dont do such modifications

I may be in isolation with the bubbling youngsters when such reccomendations are done but these are my observations over 27 yrs of driving.!! . I hope not to have hurt anybodys sentiments or joy

Regds

Abdul.
  8. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

pushkar is an old woman now. but then he is also my friend. but that doesnt mean you believe whatever he says. just ask him what my 500 does usually and you'll know that i still love that motorcycle and just after reading this post i rode her extra hard :D. nothing beats the thump.
    and thanks for all these compliments. i am just trying to make the car a bit better than what it actually is which is excellent. :D
    have fun driving the car. and dont forget to wear the seatbelt.
  9. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

abdul,
    first of all kudos to your driving experience. i'm sure with all the miles you've clocked up, you'll sure have a mindset of your own regarding a lot of things.
    about smoking out the lights, i had in mind exactly what you put in words and it was tested out. the lights are beautifully visible at quite a safe distance which has been verified by a lot of friends and people who just stop to ask what has been done to them and how they light up even though they are blackened out.
    need to point out just one thing. no matter what i do to the car, i am not forgetting my road manners. i've learnt them the hard way and i value them more than most of the things around.
    everything else written in your post applies to wannabe drift stars who dont know rats about where the steering is and what the tires do.(i meet a couple of guys regularly on the way to my factory which is an 86 km one way commute).
    about hurting sentiments, that can be done to a totally different breed of people.
    so lets ride safe and always wear a seatbelt.
    we need to meet soon.:D
  10. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hey even i am looking for moist black tail and head lamps.. Mate your baby looks kool