1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Peted, K&Ned, 1,76,000 Kilometers completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by epicenter, Jun 11, 2010.

1. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    Hi Gaaij,
    Crossed the hundred and seventy thousand mark a couple of days back.
    Also got a bit of work done on the car.
    Will be posting those details and one more pending update in a couple of days.
    Still running the original battery though!
    Drive safe, always wear a seatbelt!
    3 people like this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thats great man. :up

Awaiting for details.
  3. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    Re: Peted, K&Ned, 1,65,000 Kilometers completed

Hi gaaij,
    The car crossed the 176000 mark. There was a cloudburst in Valsad and it rained 24 inches in 12 hours.
    Some pics from around my building. A bit of water also entered the Punto, but nothing that the vaccum cleaner cant take care of.

1 person likes this.
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Whoa,that looks like a river.
    My heart goes out for that Yeti,its a goner for sure.
    Btw 6K kms in a month,i thought my running was high.
    at this rate 2L by End of year looks easy.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  5. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Manpreet Ji,

Hope that Punto is fine. Looks very bad.
  6. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    Yep, that yeti is a goner. The car had water over its rooftop and had floated to the center of the road from the extreme left it was parked.
    Took two days for the skoda bastards to get to pick up the car. I think its gone, never to be seen again. Wouldnt make sense getting it repaired, even if insurance paid for it in full. All the electronics and stuff.

Hi Bharath,
    Except for the water entry inside the cabin, nothing gone bad. The car started in the first crank. Took it to the interior cleaning guys and they drained around 10 buckets of water from it after they left it overnight to drip. Also got an antifungal treatment inside the car so that nothing goes wrong with the seat covers and all. All in all, the car is dry and will be going for a complete oil and filter change tomorrow. Dont want to take any chances if i want it up and running for over 200000 kilometers.

Drive safe, always wear a seatbelt!
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
    7 people like this.
  7. jaythilak

Manpreet Ji,

Where are you no news on your Punto, Yesterday I had done Smart wax from Petes for my Punto.
  8. gkuppuprasath

gkuppuprasath Novizio

Myself has shopped one set of brake pad and wiper leafs ...they are doing great job....100% safe ..

9. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    The odo said 190000 kilometers a couple of weeks ago when i gave the car off.
    Got a decent price for the car at this mileage also, but it is obvious, that only someone who loves a fiat will give you that kind of money.
    Fiat itself is full of morons and they quoted hilariously vague prices for the car when i wanted to go in for an exchange.
    My question to them was simple, if they themselves didnt want to buy what they are trying to market, how the hell are we supposed to be convinced that it is a good product.
    Even Mangesh Kodalkar couldnt help out with this and i said, chuck it.
    Even otherwise, Fiat has gone its seperate ways and the nearest service center is now in Surat, around 85 odd kilometers from my place. On top of that, new friendships will have to be cultivated which does not look worth the while from my point of view.
    All in all, for now, it doesnt make sense buying a fiat again and then try to sell it off after munching miles at the price of scrap (almost). Its tough for me to walk out on such an amazing vehicle, but the hard decision had to be taken.
    Will be updating on what the next buy is in a couple of days.
    Till then, drive safe, always wear a seatbelt!
  10. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    hi Gaaij,

Phainally, managed to get the replacement for the Punto.

Decided to go sedan class this time and picked up a pre owned VW Jetta 1.9 tdi at.

Its a 2009 November vehicle, registered in 2010 February and has done 52 genuine thousand kilometers.

The car is well kept and except for a change of tires, nothing is pending. It has full service history and has been chauffeur driven for a gentleman.

I will not be disclosing the price of the car for the risk of undercutting the many cars that are on sale here, but will surely PM the details if anyone asks for them.

Coming to terms with the automatic is fairly easy, but i just cant get the Punto out of my mind.

One day, i promise, when the morons at Fiat come to their senses, i will buy a Grande Punto once again.

Till then, drive safe, always wear a seatbelt.

This doesn't mean i will not be helping out with the Fiat queries. Request moderators to please keep this thread active till somebody else crosses the 2 lac mark.

Thank you guys for all your feedback and support. Hoping to see you on the Veedub thread that i will be starting in the days to come.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk
    11 people like this.