1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Peted, K&Ned, 1,76,000 Kilometers completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by epicenter, Jun 11, 2010.

1. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    Re: Peted, K&Ned, 1,50,000 Kilometers completed

Not 4 years Suman,
    Around two years and 10 months. Got it on the 2nd of February 2010.
    Drive safe, always wear a seatbelt!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    Great milestone epicenter....
    I think you meant 2010...This day reminded me of joining my current company. Time to change I think :)
  3. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    Yep gurus,
    i meant 2010 only. 2012 was a typo.
    Yet another update:
    finally managed to solve the overboosting problem without the help of the authorised service center guys.
    Details coming up in the next post. Still trying to get over the elation that i could do it myself.
    The car crosses the 150 kph mark again.
    Watch this space for more.
    Odo reads a shakun ka 151000.
    3 people like this.
  4. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Mandeep, you ride is munching miles so quickly. Looks like you spend most of your time in the ride :)
  5. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai

bhai gadi chalate ho itna ? :eek:
    its like ur second home
  6. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    epicenter, you are a great writer and rider!!!

I went through all your writing on this thread (well I think almost) but couldn't find or may have missed anything you wrote about battery hence asking it. Did you ever changed the battery of your ride? If yes could you please tell me when and what model?
  7. Gopi

Gopi Amatore

epicenter, In your experience with the Punto so far, was there any incident of engine stalling and leaving you stranded in the middle of the road or any issue with the ECU? I have always followed your posts before and use to refer your experience to most people when they ask me " Are you mad to buy a FIAT?". Last week I had a engine stalling issue with my Punto which has been diagnosed as a ECU failure and I am currently waiting for FIAT to ship the replacement ECU under warranty. I see a lot of people around me are a happy lot at my current plight and making a mockery for buying a FIAT.

But having driven my Punto for 36000 kms over the past three years, I still have faith and see it as a minor aberration. I still cannot forget the innumerable moments and trips that we have had after Punto came home and my Punto had saved me and my family a couple of times. Any other vehicle in such panic breaking situations would have toppled over. This kind of ECU failure can occur to any car (nopt just FIAT) and it all depends on one's luck.

I just want to understand other than the minor niggles which could be corrected at service, did you have face complete breakdown situation of the car in your 150000 km long journey.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  8. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    hi gaaij,
    the punto turned 3 today.
    At 157000 kilometers, it still looks fit to tackle the roads for a similar amount of kilometers more.
    a lot of updates pedning from my side, but this was a reason to celebrate.

drive safe, always wear a seatbelt!
    5 people like this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats!

Updated the thread title as well. :)
  10. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    hi gaaij,
    sorry for not replying to any of the posts. The restoration of a 62 model RE 350 is keeping me from doing it since the last couple of months.
    Hopefully the bike will hit the roads by next Friday post which, I will be able to put pen to paper or rather keyboard to forum.
    Till then, rest assured in the fact that the Punto is capable of crossing atleast 160000 kilometers without major hiccups because mine did just that.
    1 person likes this.