1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Peted, K&Ned, 1,76,000 Kilometers completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by epicenter, Jun 11, 2010.

1. epicenter, out of curiosity are you an automobile engineer? a few TFIans here are so good in automobile knowledge i feel i should go back and start my engineering studies again. Hats off to you guys and good to see your Punto at 139k kms
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yeah , xactly the same. He was my senior in college , now working there at ahmbd. You guys know each other ? he also have a punto here at home !
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

For your information - i have tried this product way back in 2010 on my alto, which also has very soft suspensions. I will just dig out where they are lying a post a snap for proof too. Have shown it to so many members on Tbhp forum too.
    TFI guys who are added on my FB too have seen videos of my modded alto doing 150 plus kmph with michelins + FFE + ported polished head+ K&N filter+ The same JUGGAD which you are now using in 2012. Sadly one rear bush had fallen down after popping up too. It was horrible instance when it fell off. The rear right side banged unevenly and i had almost lost control at 100kmph.

I own a machine shop too and have a moulding shop right besides me which uses Nylon, Polyurethane and other materials on daily basis to manufacture buses etc. I know properties of nylon 6 very well and what you have written is exactly true. It reduces spring rate.

Now why are the springs designed with specific spring rates?

When i first used on my alto i had bought it at hefty price. In 2010 this product was not available everywhere. Later on it was being sold everywhere. Before 2010 people used to take out the springs and get them toughened ( hardening + carbon addition process) and used them.

Civic : bottoms out whenever 3 people sit at back. On a 2 year old civic if 3 people sit at back the wheels vanish in wheel arcs. Civic always had bouncy ride. I have driven civic hell lot of times.

Fiat Punto and Linea: has stiffer suspensions than honda and maruti and dont bottom out with load.

If your car had done 139k directly suspension change + bushes + arms should have been checked. Its always advisable to keep the brakes+steering+suspensions mechanically fit on cars done high kms.

2 days back i changed suspensions + bushes + link rods + lower arms on my 80000 kms done alto, just to make sure everything is perfectly bonded.

I would say grab those Bilstiens at such a discount, get the bushes changed etc , it will help you in long term and avoid further damages.

With the Jugaad you have done you are just avoiding the springs to compress and not mechanically correcting the suspension faults.

If you get new brand suspensions from KAVA, mumbai they are dirt cheap + some 1500 labor and your car will be back to OEM.

Its not about recommending something to others , its about whether its technically 100% correct?

Are coil spring adjusters a good way to lift a car up two inches? - Yahoo! Answers
  4. Mandeep Bro-You changed your tires to Yokohama A-Drives 195/60R15.I m I right?
  5. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    hi gaij,
    phainally managed to cross the 146000 kilometer mark.
    had given the car for service last week and got the timing chain set replaced.
    the car has quitened down a lot after that.
    one strange problem has been bothering me for a while now and i think i am close to solving it.
    will reveal the details once i am through with slaughtering it to pieces.
    will also answer the rest of the posts (only 2 actually) in a while!
    till then, drive safe, always wear a seatbelt.
    2 people like this.
  6. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    Peted, K&Ned, 1, 47, 000 Kilometers completed

Hi Gaaij,
    The winters are finally approaching.
    I've seen a definite change in the car performance. The idling is smoother, the throttle response crispier and the running quieter.
    The only sounds that i hear nowadays are the A drives on the road, the k&n taking in air upto some extent and that fantastic growl of the remus.
    By the time the factory meet happens, i think i'll be past the one and a half tonne mark, Godwilling.
    Just wondering aloud.
    Drive safe, always wear a seatbelt!
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    4 people like this.
  7. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    Hi gaaij
    Proud to reach this figure.
    Having a bit of overboost trouble.
    Will be sorting it out this weekend and updating the thread.
    Till then, drive safe, always wear a seatbelt!

3 people like this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Congratulations, epicenter for reaching this milestone. :clapping
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Will update the thread title :)
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Mandeep, No word to say only :clap, This may be the First punto in India which crossed 1.5L Km in 4 years.