1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Peted, K&Ned, 1,76,000 Kilometers completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by epicenter, Jun 11, 2010.

1. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    1. Just a personal question, how long have you planned to use the Punto still as it had made a decent mileage now, to look for other options?
    2. How do you think is the Cost of Ownership of this car compared to similar cars available (Diesel variant) from German, Japanese & Korean manufacturers?
    3. I own a 2012 MJD and my drive is 75km/day with a mix of highway plus city drive, will extended idling and B2B traffic run take a toll on the MJD's internals ?
    4. Right now with sane driving habit and a mix of A/c and Non A/c drive the engine returns only a max of 13-14kms/liter. The car is 4 months old and has covered 3300kms in the odo. Kindly advise.
  2. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    Hi Sriram,
    1. As long as it lasts or 5 years, whichever is earlier :D
    2. Definitely cheaper than the germans, almost at par with the japanese, slightly more than the koreans.
    3. Dont drive in start and stop traffic, so cant comment on this.
    4. Why do you need to switch off the A/C at all in a diesel car? With the kind of driving you are doing, you should be getting around 16 to 17 kmpl but then everything depends on the driver inputs, the diesel and the weather. Are you planning an oil change at the 5k service?

BTW, picked up a set of struts and dampers (2 front + 2 rear) for the Punto. These are the stock ones that some guy had removed to get the gc retrofitment kit. They are about a 1000 kilometers old and i picked them up for 4500 bucks plus free installation whenever i want to get that done.
    The odo crossed the 126k mark and the car may be on a round trip to Bhopal Sunday onwards.

Drive safe, always wear a seatbelt.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Smart move.
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

where is the picture u promised...

and nice deal
  5. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Is this mandatory as per your opinion ? , i thought being Synth oil i dont have to change it at least until 7500kms, my first service is already over with some niggles corrected. sans the engine oil change as you mentioned? kindly advice more on this.. thanks a lot for your time.
  6. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    No its not mandatory but its good. Since its the first 5000 kilometers that the engine is being loaded, an oil change would just make sure that everything that comes off during bedding in (or most of it) is drained. I personally didnt change the oil at the 3000 kilometer mark but did that only during the 2nd service at 15k. Its a debatable point with some people being for it and some against it.
    Drive safe, always wear a seatbelt.
  7. Mandeep,How much your car had done till date.
  8. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    Hi Ferrari,
    The car odo reads 129 something k kilometers.

Drive Safe, Always Wear A Seatbelt!
  9. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    hi gaaij,
    crossed the 131k mark yesterday.
    noticing a few things since the last 500 kilometers or so.
    the car seems to have lost its grunt, looks like needs a decarb as its been carried out around 50000 kilometers ago.
    the front suspension seems to be a bit under the weather. the tires want to go their own sweet way and the car wallows when going over irregularities in the road. looks like the elastic pads or insulators, whatever one may call them are acting wise once again.
    since the car is already past the 130k mark, just wanted to enquire about the parts pricing from outside the authorised service and spares network.
    called up kawa and the price difference was shocking. the clutch plate and pressure plate set is available for 2k without the original packing.
    even the insulators that cost around 2400 bucks each in the genuine range are available for 1200 bucks per set without the original packing.
    was tempted to get them from kava and try the replacement.
    contemplating..contemplating.
    even the tires are up for a change. will go back to the v550s i think. or maybe the c drives again.
    drive safe, always wear a seatbelt.
  10. Hey epicenter,
    What is decarb? why do we have to decarb the car?? is it 100% necessary?