1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Peted, K&Ned, 1,76,000 Kilometers completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by epicenter, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Peted, K&Ned, 22K Kilometers, 4 Months

You are right Mandeep.. Most of the spares are dirt cheap compared to the other manufacturers... Naveen broke is rare wiper and told me price after replacement and i was like dats it... Kool yaar... Trust me guys if Fiat learns the marketing skills and gets the workshops at par with premium brands then nothing can stop them from moving ahead in India... As it is the car they make is great it only needs some more attention and a great after sales which plays a very important role here.
  2. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

but the speed with which the sales are picking up i think they will be at par with a lot of better sales & service setups within no time at all.
    i head to surat tomorrow, where, hopefully, the petes box will be switched over to the stage 1 settings. hoping to get the extra newton meters of torque and the horsepowers along with me when i return tomorrow.
    odo reading 23000 kilometers as of today. fuel consumption 19 kmpl.
    one thing i have been trying to validate is that extra ordinary fuel efficiency of 24 to 26 kmpl while driving the car at just below the turbo kick in or as people put it "without using the turbo". what i have observed is that the car does not return the phenomenal 24 or whatever kmpl mileage when being driven at low rpms. the mileage becomes significant only when the odo crosses the 80 kph mark, reaches the 90 kph mark and hovers around 100 kph with a very light foot on the accelerator pedal. under 80 kph in top gear and you are lugging your engine and you can literally see the efficiency figures going to hell on highwater.
    on good stretches, the inst. fuel consumption figures will also be in the above mentioned range if your car is cruising at 110 kph or so.
    so i'd suggest more people to come up with these actual figures instead of just putting numbers on the board.
    also one thing to notice is that there have been instances where people talk about the wonders of the low end torque after shifting over to freer flowing air intake systems. what common sense tells me is that there may be a marginal improvement there but the real benefits are in the mid range and the high speed runs only. the throttle response is just a tad better and nothing more.
    mid range driveability is ofcourse very nice.
    its just me wondering aloud....so all of youout there.... drive safe guys!!!
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Mandeep am still stunned to see your FE after peeting your baby...
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

You are probably right. However down here the traffic is bad and the roads; worse so one can't cruise at speeds above 90kph for any meaningful length of time unless it is late in the night, but then the road conditions make that too a dangerous proposition.
    So what remains best is the mid-range with speeds ranging from 60-80kph and 1500-2200rpm. FE figures I have seen for short durations when driven in these conditions are around 22-24kmpl and overall average for the day would be in the range of 18-20kmpl. With in city conditions these figures would be 40-60kph, 1000-2000rpm, and overall average of 16-18kmpl.
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Well i sometimes dont even tough 2000rpm during my return from work... I hang around between 1000-1500 only at late nights with a 60-80km speed and getting a FE of 20+ is not tough at all....

But if i pete will i be able to get a similar FE in that range of driving ??
  6. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

andy,
    peteing the car increases the torque which makes the car more driveable and you tend to change gears less, hence, even with more power, the efficiency is not hampered.
    qed:D
    oh and yeah...stage 2 is not worth it.
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

i know dat Mandeep... u can drive on low speeds with high gears which betters this.. Lets c.. If things work well i'd get mine peted too..
  8. obliex

obliex Amatore

Pune

Hey Epicenter how about writing a review on Pete'd Punto v/s Non-Pete'd . Compare them with a fine comb. Bring out the pluses and minuses of each. Hopefully I am not asking too much from you.
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

not a bad idea..
  10. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

@ obliex,
    i think the writeup has almost all that is to do with the tuning box.
    if you still need a tech writeup sort of thing, will do it in the forthcoming days.
    i've also done some experimenting with the k&n and the stock filter in the last 10 days and i have some very controversial details.
    will also put them up on the board for everyone to comment once i am finished discussing it with another fiat head.
    the car odo reads 24996 as of now. it also needs new shoes. a lot to come up in the next few days.
    will also be travelling to delhi in the car sometime in the 2nd week of july. will keep everyone updated on whats being done to the car :D :D :D
    drive safe guys