1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Peted, K&Ned, 1,76,000 Kilometers completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by epicenter, Jun 11, 2010.

1. drapkarthik

drapkarthik Novizio

Bangalore
    Great reveiw Epicentre, u rock!!!! I have been following your posts in both the websites too good, I am literally bad in texting things, I too own a fiat grande punto 1.3 emotion pk which is two + years old and completed 72,000 odd kms, so far so good except issues with the clutch plate, which i got it replaced. I use Race dynamics tuning box with K&N air filter ( stock replacement) i have done some 30k kms on it. What the showroom fella's claimed was clutch kit ( pressure plates) were damaged due to tuning box anyways didn't argue got it replaced. She is know a breeze and easily squeeze her till 160 kmph on my way to Chennai. Is Remus exhaust making her breathe with more ease, If so i would go for it.
  2. Mandeep i want remus exhaust price and sound.How much is your petes,K&N air filter.I want to install them in my car.
  3. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    Singh 22g, the punto is going to be a benchmark in handling and stability for a long time to come. The only thing that you will notice as time goes by is that the suspension becomes pliant and goes quite soft as the kilometers pile up. This doesnt mean that it is going to affect your handling in any major way, a slightly more prominent body roll is all that will be visible. the car will remain silent throughout its lifespan taking all the abuse you can put onto it with quiet aplomb. just keep the service schedules and try to get the max out of the warranties and you are home safe.

strange on your clutchplate part, but i am not complaining. mine lasted the tonne with the tuning box, the k&n and the remus and trust me i've been through the revband from here to there (almost). showroom guys know bollocks about a stock car, leave alone talking about cars with addons so lets not go into that at all. if you develop a rapport with the service advisors, a lot of things come your way without even having to ask for them :D.
    the remus is a good addition to the car, but with a freer flowing exhaust, the low end torque goes for a toss. its only once you cross the 2000 rpm mark that the real fun starts.

hi ferrari,
    the remus costs 22k, the k&n around 5.5k and the tuning box around 24k.
    for me the only cost was for the k&n as the tuning box came over from the swift and the remus was a gift from a friend. one thing i really need is a tuned exhaust header or a downpipe to actually exploit the power the engine is putting out to the max. can anyone suggest me somebody good for this?
    about the sound, when the car is idling, its like a cat purring, a very deep bassy throaty rumble that emanates from the exhaust tip.
    when the car is at full throttle, its a nice muted hum. the remuses are not made for a lot of sound. they are only made to perform.

drive safe guys,
    always wear a seatbelt.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  4. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    hi gaaij
    the car crossed 120000 today. the service is still a couple of thousand kilometers away.
    Lost a tail lamp bulb yesterday and its irritating to see the warning glowing in the speedo console.
    will be replacing it today or tomorrow.
    With the summers coming in full swing, thinking of getting the a/c checked and the evap coil serviced.
    Even the front left wheel seems to be running a negative camber and looks like either the balljoint or the elastic pad has conked out.
    As the car still runs on extended warranty, will be getting it done with the service itself.
    I am off to meet 40 bullets and 53 riders tomorrow to Bordi where the mumbai bullet club called the Bisons are coming for a weekend.
    Drive safe, always wear a seatbelt.
  5. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN

am reading this now only, but wanted to point out something......You mentioned that it is the not the truck driver's fault, but are you sure that the truck had mud flaps in place? If it had been there this wud not have happened.....
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Very interesting read, this thread. Would a Pete's be any good on my 90HP? Would it become 100 HP? :clapping
  7. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    hi pammuluvcars,
    no offence meant, but get a stone thrown on your car from a moving truck. decide for yourself if you'd be checking out the glass first or looking out if the truck had mudflaps or not.

yes relativity,
    the tuning box would fit the 90 hp and they claim to have bumped it up to 105 with the petes.

drive safe, always wear a seatbelt.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  8. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    hi gaaij,
    just a pic of the odo.
    still going strong!!
    drive safe, always wear a seatbelt!

20120429_230640.jpg
    3 people like this.
  9. waiting to see 222222...... ;)
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thats the Secret of FIAT, The car becomes more smoother as the running goes and the years fly by:p,
    where as for the others its vice-versa.:uh
    Last edited: May 1, 2012