1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Peted, K&Ned, 1,76,000 Kilometers completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by epicenter, Jun 11, 2010.

1. @ Mandeep... as Aniket has mentioned... can you upload sound from the REMUS??? would love to hear your GP roar..... :)
  2. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    Aniket, romsy
    Will definitely put up the sound clip some time this week. But the remus doesnt roar. It just has this nice throaty growl that makes you smile from ear to ear everytime you floor it.
    Remuses are made in a very different way where special emphasis is laid on getting more performance at stock or slightly higher sound levels.
    Drive safe, always wear a seatbelt.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    Yeah i was having Ramus in my Wagon r :rolleyes:, i liked Ramus smooth growl sound , also if u can put photos of ur engine bay and part no of Ramus and price :p
  4. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Epicentre , your ownership experience gives me a good motivation . My travel is also near 3000 km a month . What you guys suggest when i can shift to Diesel Tuning Box . Regarding MJD experts say there's not much need of RUN-IN . Is there any other tuning options for engine .
    need suggestions
  5. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    thanks singh for going through the thread.
    shifting to the diesel tuning box is subjective, but i preferred doing it at 5k kilometers or so.
    About the running in, any engine, when new, whether it has been tested and run at the factory or not needs to be run in. the periods may vary according to different people but a standard odo reading of 5000 kilometers is considered as a benchmark all around.
    a properly run in engine does not only have a very good (sometimes better than the factory) compression ratio but even an exceptional lifespan.
    There is something called chiptuning which is available for around 12k from europe and RRP have come up with the Spider tuning box which also is supposed to be a good box.
    Run of the mill boxes are available from anywhere around 7k onwards but then their reliability is questionable.
    I prefer to stick to Petes and am running it since the last hundred thousand kilometers now and ran it for about 50k kilometers on my swift also. No issues. Its running on the +1 settings nowadays and a nice wallop of power and torque is always welcome.

Drive safe, always wear a seatbelt.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    A very good tuning box which atleast works on good engineering principles is the TMC tuning box. it connects to the common rail and also the turbo boost sensor. These kind of tuning boxes are called multichannel tuning boxes.

These are costly but have better controls than the race-chip or petes tuning box etc which just connect to common rail and keep on increasing the fuel pressure without the turbo induction more air.
  7. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    hi italia linea,
    had checked out the tmc box reviews elsewhere.
    i am not able to actually comprehend whether it is a good box or a bad box.
    the review sounds just like the petes box on stock settings.
    anyways, to each his own. i am not advocating that petes is the best but then it has been around a lot longer than any other box. hasnt it?
    also there is a tall claim about the mileage, which sounds exactly like the mileage i get at around 70 kph or something. that means that the turbo has not started building the optimum boost. why get a tuning box when all you are going to do is putter around at slow speeds and low rpms. just my observations or maybe i am not getting the entirety of it or maybe i am too full of the petes box just to see around it, but then thats what i deduced.
    drive safe, always wear a seatbelt.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Its not about who is older or whose box is the newest. Its the technology used. TMC tuning box is also a very well known box all over europe. Petes is also a very good box no wonder.

Dont look at the mileage claims at all. Basically in a diesel engine the amount of fuel injected and the way its burnt plays the most important role for generation of power.

In case of petes box the fuel injected at any point is independent of available air to burn it. Due to this the EGT temp increases and so does the smoke. Though this creates power within the safe limits as claimed by manufacturer it has detrimental effects which may or may not be noticeable.

In case of Multichannel tuning box, the parameters are very close to real world remap. I am saying this because as i said earlier the 2 most important factors " The amount of fuel and amount of air " are well considered in this approach.
    This kind of box increases the rail pressure as well as lets equivalent air to burn the fuel which maintains the EGT and produces no smoke. This provides a cleaner and more power than just a CR type box.

These boxes also have various settings on them. The settings are nothing but alteration of resistance to alter the voltages across the sensors. The more the sensors doing this in tandem with each other is better.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    4 people like this.
  10. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    epicentre is actually epicentre of punto india . Loved the highly detailed experience , must read for aspirants . Will be starting my intial impression and buying experience in 2-3 days .
    Drive safe guys , life is precious( arms and legs also ).
    1 person likes this.