1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Peted, K&Ned, 1,76,000 Kilometers completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by epicenter, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Peted, K&Ned, 22K Kilometers, 4 Months

Even i have the same question which amt stated/... Is it worth the price and whats the Dip in FE after peting your punto
  2. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

hey guys
    back after a nice short weekend ride to dangs with the inddiethumpers.
    regarding the petes box, i carried it over from the swift i sold earlier. this box fits all mjds and then some more.
    the box cost me 24k and the k&n 5 odd k.
    this being a heavier car, it doesnt have that thrown into the back of the seat feeling of the swift, but it does help very much when you want to leave some wannabe racers behind. the increased torque does help a lot and u tend to shift gears less frequently. getting a consistent figure of 18 to 18.5 when i do three digits. keep the speedo needle hovering at 100 and the fe shoots up to an easy 21 without any issues. even otherwise, the car tends to run smoother in the 90 - 100 - 110 range. i really wish they had worked a bit more on the nvh and air intake system. and yes, its worth spending on the tuning box. it also comes with a +1 setting wherein the torque goes up another 15 nm and the power by 10 bhp.
  3. K_K

K_K Amatore

Bangalore

Late Reader
    Hey Dude Awesome description of the car and review, The way you have written it just felt like watching a documentary of the car on Discovery channel. :wink:
    Visualized all of it :up
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Thanks Mandeep for the update... Yesterday in the meet Amogh stated he would look for peeting his Baby and so am i... Lets c how things workk... Am happy with the existing performance though but a little additional power is always welcome :)
  5. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune

Wow. What a thorough report. Man FIAT should soon provide a color which would change its shade everyday from Red-Black-White-Blue-Grey-Silver.... Am I asking too much???????
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Wish could get a car like dat... Hehe....
  7. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

hey guys

just a small update.

yesterday, the washing guy broke the rear wiper on the punto. afraid to even think of the price, i dialled the service center with trembling fingers and asked if the said part was available and if yes, what was the damage done to my pockets.

the part was available off the shelf. the damage was a measly 348 rupees inclusive of taxes and no fitting charges.

since i love a bit of diy, just picked up the complete wiper arm-blade assembly, brought it home and tinkered around a bit with the spanner.

its simple to fit, with the place from where the arm pivots holds a nut under the cap which can be flipped open with a little effort. use a spanner, remove the nut, remove the arm, put in the new arm, fasten the nut, replace the cap, good to go.

also got a call from a friend who had broken his right orvm. only the inner mirror had broken which is also available off the shelf for about 240 bucks inclusive of taxes. will be picking it up later in the day.

point is parts are easily available and dont cost a bomb!!!
  8. Re: Peted, K&Ned, 22K Kilometers, 4 Months

True Mandeep, most of the parts are easily available and the price is easy on pocket. A bus dinged my GP's left front fender and in the process broke the left side fender indicator cover. I was expecting the replacement to be around 200 bucks, but it was just Rs 64/- :clap :clap . I don't think there would be any competition to the spares in terms of pricing.
  9. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

the way fiat is going i think its gonna be at par with maruti in terms of availibility of parts and such. even the servicing standards are going up day by day. just hoping that it keeps on going uphill always and people like us always feel happy about owning a wonderful piece of machinery.
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

Very true. Three months back I replaced the right ORVM (mirror alone) when it was broken by an errant Ford Fiesta, for Rs.190/- and no labour charges.
    Guess these figures need to go into the spare parts price thread.