1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Peted, K&Ned, 1,76,000 Kilometers completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by epicenter, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Re: Peted, K&Ned, 22K Kilometers, 4 Months

@epic: lots of things happening, mix emotions, finally happy to know that your car has recovered well.
    Could you share the pics before dent and after dent, and also if possible contact details of Shabbir. It might be helpfull to many from south gujarat.
  2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi

Good to know that the car is back in shape. Since your Punto has been through its fair share of services (free and paid), please help me with a couple of queries:

My GP is due to go in for the 30k service tomorrow.

1. Fuel filter - Which is the correct replacement part and new prices? The one with sensor or without sensor? Exact part number would be awesome!!
    2. Pollen Filter - Wiremesh one? Is it any good?

NK
    NK
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

so the 14th of february was spent romancing the roads on the ahmedabad udaipur highway and believe me guys, i've never had so much fun in a very long time.
    the car is as solid as a meteor on a fixed trajectory.
    managed to do the 280 odd kilometers from ahmedabad to udaipur in just a tad over 2 hours and 40 minutes. the average speed was 106 kilometers per hour.
    the tarmac is fantastic and apart from those stupid truck drivers who move faster than just an ant, you dont have any niggles.
    the initial few kilometers were taken up getting used to the terrain. once i got the hang of the undulations and the sexy curves of the road, i let the yokohamas do what they do best.
    the growl from the remus was addictive and i just let my hair down. while drivers driving superior cars were upshifting and braking on the ghats, i just went into corners faster and faster. i suppose average cornering speed was in the range of 110 to 120 kph.
    still running the stock suspension, but i am tempted to run the car on bilstien b6s. lets see how it works out.
    the car has crossed 61800 kilometers today. the tires were rotated, aligned and balanced last week and my service is still to come up in the next couple of hundred kilometers.
    the car is still performing excellently. with no body rattle even now. tried the expressway to get the top speed again and managed to cross 165 with three people and luggage. the car took a bit of a time to cross the 160 mark, but was still faster than a stock car upto 140 kph. after that it didnt matter, since the odo needle was still climbing.
    the tires will last another 35 odd thousand kilometers looking at the wear pattern. which translates to an excellent life of 70000 kilometers, which is not bad at all.
    i suspect the rear dampers are leaking as i detected some oil onto them when the tires were opened up for balancing. have talked to the service center guys and they'll be replacing them under warranty. even if they are gone, you dont feel that the rear isnt balancing up the way should. the coil springs do their job very nicely.
    all in all a very enlightening experience with the punto yet again.
    will be driving to mumbai tomorrow.
    just updating...travel safe you guys, dont forget the seatbelt.
    oh..fuel economy is 18.9 at 61000 kilometers. good isnt it? :D
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Fantastic, 61000 Km already covered.
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat

ahm-udaipur is a fantastic road to drive. u really pile up miles on your car. recently when i was at ASPI motors ahmdbd i saw a BNW punto whose center console and the plastic surrounding the speedo meter was done in white to match the car. and damn it looked so hot. BNW punto with white interiors. i suggest all white owners should go for it.
  7. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar

Fantastic !!! awesome report and driving. ::T
  8. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

thanks ravi, karan and prihir,
    the car was off to service yesterday and like always, the guys stood up to their words.
    There were a couple of niggling rattles which were taken care of. the rear dampers were suspected goners and on closer inspection, one was dead and the other weak.
    both of them were replaced under warranty.
    since this was a major service, the coolant and diff oil were also changed. everything else checked and the car made spic n span as always.
    due to some network reasons they couldnt print the bill and so i dont have the exact amount they are gonna make me poorer by.
    the front disc pads have about 5000 kilometers of life left in them. will take care of them when the time comes.
    took the delivery of the car in the evening and my first impression was that the car was running absolutely freely. it was a joy to trawl around in the city traffic in the 3rd gear without giving a damn.
    also, i'd used wurth injector cleaner a couple of thousand kilometers back and i suppose all the impurities had cleared up n collected in the fuel filter element. the diesel from various fuel pumps on the frequent jaunts to mumbai, ahmedabad and udaipur may also have clogged the diesel filter to some extent.
    on the highway, the performance was as shattering as ever and better. i came to know later that the guys had been courteous enough to bleed the clutch too which later came to me as a slightly better feeling on the clutch pedal.
    120 came in no time at all, and the new dampers at the back are doing their job fantastically. took the car to its limits (almost) once again and went into an almost 75 degree chicane at 130 kph. steady as a rock and growling like a panther.
    this car is gonna be in my stable for ever.
    now only if i had the money for those bilstien b6s...:D and that bigger turbocharger, and that intercooler.
    oh crap. dreaming again.
    drive safe you guys. always wear a seat belt.
  9. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

hey guys,
    finally got the amount of the 60k service.
    turns out to be 95 odd hundred rupees.
    will be getting the bill tomorrow as the friend who'd got it from the service center wasnt carrying it.
    will scan it and put it up for review and comments if any.
    drive safe you all,
    always wear a seatbelt.
  10. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Hey epicenter! can you upload the pics of the exhaust again? all of them are missing :(