1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Peted, K&Ned, 1,76,000 Kilometers completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by epicenter, Jun 11, 2010.

1. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Re: Peted, K&Ned, 22K Kilometers, 4 Months

Mandeep

throw the mods in garbage .
    Use the car without making any Petete/K&N.

In factory,100 engineers works to design a car. Then why we should use our brain to modify the car by using these tunning box,K& N.

Simple logic is there,

Car manufacture gives a lots of facilility to us by charging the cost of car .

Is FIAT is not able to give the car by installing petete box,K&N filter by charging extra amount ?

These Pete Box/K & N are made for crazy people,who have tree of money.
    These mods are only wastage of our hard earned money.
  2. infernal

infernal

Gurgaon

Lmao! Weirdo
  3. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

hi amol
    good to know that atleast i have one critic here onboard.
    did i say that fiat couldnt do something to better their cars performance wise? 1.3s are available with much more output and slicker gearboxes abroad!
    are they actually doing it in the real world?
    drive a stock 75 hp, a stock 90 hp and then a modded 75 hp and you'll know how far the fiat guys in india still have to go.
    i'll ignore everything else you said because you are still driving a stock car.
    maybe i have loads of money to spend, but then please appreciate the fact that even i, like a normal human being earn it the hard way.
    look before you leap would be my only advice to you.
    drive safe and always wear a seatbelt.
  4. Re: Peted, K&Ned, 22K Kilometers, 4 Months

I concur with you Mandeep,
    1.3 76 BHP can be a lot fun to drive with little mod like tuning box , but i would prefer not increase torque and power way beyond gearbox can handle.
    But pets' doesn't have tuning option, one thing I hate about tuning boxes they increase the engine noise at the start up way bit more than stock.
    i test drove 90hp Punto , I just loved the acceleration from second gear onwards ,like free flow salt,but i can't change the car now, but having taunign box is satisfying my desire for more power with in the safe band.

-Sat
  5. Re: Peted, K&Ned, 22K Kilometers, 4 Months

Sorry I did not read you Remus exhaust mod, does it not increase the CO out put at the tail pipe, also read in Wiki, that free flow exhaust will reduce the low end torque, but increase high end power,is that true,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aftermarket_exhaust_parts, do still have car-con or not?
    Does your can now has boomy/bassy sound like race cars?
    How much did you sped on whole stuff.
    -Sat
  6. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

@ sat paaji,
    the petes box does have a tuning option. you get a factory setting and one jumper setting where you get more power and torque. the power is ok but the torque is all in figures. plus your mileage goes for a toss. so it doesnt make sense upping it one level right?
    about the remus exhaust, yes it does take the low end torque down slightly, but that is only felt initially. even i found out that this happens after i removed the tuning box and the k&n and ran the car stock with just the remus. it wasnt so much of a difference then, but when the k&n was plonked in, yes the difference was noticeable. on the highways, the car is pure bliss with the thrum of the engine dying its own miserable death as the revs pile up. the car just doesnt want to stop.. i still havent plugged the tuning box back in as the car will be in the garage again for the rack & pinion replacement in a couple of days, within warranty ofcourse.
    about the puc thing, i am not very sure and i'll surely check it up when the one year factory certificate expires. the car has a nice throaty sound to it. nothing loud and lousy like all those other things available off the shelf which are more for sound and less on performance. like i said, remus guys are very particular about the acoustic part of the muffler.
    i'll be putting up the video with the sound of the car up for your viewing pleasure soon. if you dont actually go to the back of the car and check out the huge tip of the endcan, you cant even tell that the car is running a different muffler. its that quiet.
    oh...by the way, the car clocked up half a tonne today. the odo reads 50000 kilometers.
    drive safe everybody. always wear a seatbelt.
  7. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

hey guys
    since the winters are in full swing, just wanted to know your take on the performance of the car now.
    with ambients at optimum and just perfect humidity conditions, doesnt the car become a lot smoother and easier to pull?
    i've been noting this since the last week when the temperatures started remaining in the sub 25 degree zone.
    just asking around. reply if you have a mind to.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

epicenter definitely car pulls better in winter even I am noticing this( Lag between flooring the accelerator at low revs and getting power have decreased considerably)
    In summer my city fe was 14-16 kmpl
    In winters it's 17-18
  9. infernal

infernal

Gurgaon

Ah, yes Manjeet, the engine has become more responsive. I've been driving without the petes box and k&n for a while and find it much quiter, the nvh has dropped significantly. What i've noticed is the car pulls equally well without the box, also due to less grunt from the engine bay the engine feels more rev happy. There was a certain lag in the 2nd and 3rd gear which has become less now. Maybe it was due to the fact that i was running the box on +1 setting for the past 5k kms. Anyways, i've given it to my friend for sometime with the default setting, and am waiting for his review.
    FE is a constant 17.
  10. Re: Peted, K&Ned, 22K Kilometers, 4 Months

I have noticed , car pulls better when it rains in bangalore ,may be due to temperature drop.
    -Sat