1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Peted, K&Ned, 1,76,000 Kilometers completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by epicenter, Jun 11, 2010.

1. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    Re: Peted, K&Ned, 22K Kilometers, 4 Months

nope i dont.
    its service washed on the last sunday of every month.
    otherwise, its just a damp cloth all around.
    this is not the first car i am using. but this sure is the first time an alphabet from a decal has fallen off.
    drive safe.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Lucky. I heard those decals cost around 1000 bucks & it comes in complete set - Punto & the variant - Emotion
  3. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

Lucky. I heard those decals cost around 1000 bucks & it comes in complete set - Punto & the variant - Emotion[/quote]

afaik, the EMOTION decal is available for 350 bucks.
    will try to get the prices of all and put them onboard.
    have a good day.
  4. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore

Mandeep, has the steering become lighter/stiffer after the tyre upgrade ?

Also, how's the throttle response after the upgrade - won't wider tyres have -ve effect on in gear acceleration ?
  5. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

the steering definitely became a lot lighter...although i dont know how...maybe because of less rolling resistance or whatever.
    the throttle response is just a tad sluggish but havent noticed anything else on the ingear acceleration which is of concern.
    how is your car faring?
    drive safe/
  6. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore

Yokos seem to have the effect of a lighter steering - was reading on t-bhp that the C-drives have a similar effect on the steering. I had plans of upgrading to Yoko but don't want a light steering. So not sure what brand to go for.

My car's doing fine - thanks. Drove her for about 16k in about a year - shes been good to me :). Don't get to drive her a lot these days, esp the long drives due to family commitments. Mostly to work and back.
  7. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

check out another punto with the yokos and decide whether the steering is to your satisfaction or not. mostly its just lighter on the no rollovers, as the car picks up speed, its more fun to drive.
    u want me to pick your car up and drive it for you? :D
    just kidding....drive safe brother..always wear a seatbelt.
    well just for kicks, my car crossed the 35555 mark today. fun car to own. :D
  8. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore

Mandeep, how are the front brake pads doing at 35 K , did you get them changed yet ? Brakes still biting hard or losing their bite ?

How often did you get the pads changed on your swift ?
  9. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

dont get me started on the swift yaar :D
    but i changed the pads only twice, once at 75k kilometers or so when the discs were kept stock and not surface ground and once at around 1.68k kilometers, when the discs were surface ground.
    for the punto, the discs are showing signs of wear at 36k itself but the setup hasnt lost its bite yet. but considering the weight of the car, i suppose i'll need a change at around 45 or 50k.
    lets see how long they hold.
    hows everything else otherwise?
  10. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore

Getting nostalgic on the swift , eh ? :mrgreen:

But if you got 75K off them, that's a good life - probably from your highways drives. 35-40 K is the usual figure, more so for a peted car . My SA was asking me to change them at 15K :lol: . I wonder what kind of commission these SAs get.

Everythings just fine. Went for a drive to Vellore today - about 400 km both ways. Nice spirited drive on the GQ stretch.