1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Permanent Seat Height INCREASE in my 1.3 MJD Active

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by pranjandas, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For seat height increase, I would suggest get some seat cover, with extra layer of cushion.
  2. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  3. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    I assume the question was about underbody anti-rust coating. So how do we protect the underbody from speed-breaker scrapes and rain?
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The factory has already given the Linea/Punto a coating and that is all which is needed. This isn't a Honda Brio where there is no protection whatsoever from the factory and clever Honda guys try to sell you such coatings. It's a different matter that I told them I would rather let the car rot than pay them :)
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    whats your height Prashant? i guess you should leave the seat as it is. you will get used to it in a matter of few days :)
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Its very simple. Procure the rachet from FASS and remove yours and install the new height adjustable ones.
    Secondly better than cushion way install spacers below the seat rail. Even thich washers which come in variable sizes will do.

Nest option is buy polyurethene bushes and put them below the seat rails. this will increase the height permenantely. If you are not comfortable with that height buy thinner bushes. you can try various combinations. Will cost you just 100 rs
    3 people like this.
  7. pranjandas

pranjandas Timido

New Delhi
    Many Thanks! I wud most probably go by THIS advice! :) This is the charm of joining a forum like this! You are surrounded by highly experienced people. Thnx again!""
  8. pranjandas

pranjandas Timido

New Delhi
    My height is 5'9". My wife's height is 5'2" & she is adamant on learning how to drive AND that too with a brand new Fiat Punto!! Last but not the least, if the height of the driver's seat is not adjusted as per her convenience, you all know the repurcussions :p
  9. Hey Pranjan, i'm 5'7''. And i too have an Active, i don't find any problem with the seat height at all! And i believe Thicker cushioning would just spoil the overall experience and won't provide enough increase in the overall height! :)
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    i would suggest to drive the car for atleast a month after buying without doing anything to the seat height!
    i am sure you will get adjusted to it pretty easily.

If you are still not satisfied, then go ahead and do the alteration